Default Aerator pumps change

My 3 aerator pumps (rule 700) on the GB III are dead and I am looking for the best to replace them. Tsunami T800 looks to be fine, but I have a ''stupid'' question.
    Should I place them at the same place or can install them (rears) just beside the bags instead of below in the engine compartment ?
    Thanks.

Are you talking fill pumps or empty pumps?

I think he is talking empty pumps, and I have the same question if they can just be screwed into the bags.

Empty pumps actually work best screwed directly to the bags. The drawback is that it's not quite as clean of an install, which is why the factory located them in the engine area, out of sight.

Mcmoomba did his that way.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=mcmoomba

there are replacement pumps for thos rule evac pumps.
    You may even be able to replace the catridge only.

http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/rule03.html
    Last edited by jmvotto; 03-15-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks, I talk about empty pumps. I take note of the installation shown on the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro View Post
    My 3 aerator pumps (rule 700) on the GB III are dead and I am looking for the best to replace them. Tsunami T800 looks to be fine, but I have a ''stupid'' question.
    Should I place them at the same place or can install them (rears) just beside the bags instead of below in the engine compartment ?
    Thanks.
    Did they all die at once? I would suspect a fuse under the dash or the one on the back of the switches. Have you checked for power at the pumps themselves. Mine did this once when one of the pumps got a stick in it and popped the fuse which supplied power to all three pumps.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Because aerator pumps are not self priming we would prefer to see them installed as close to the bag as possible for draining. That will eliminate a number of problems encountered with the factory drain pumps not working correctly.

While you can thread them directly in to the bag, for most people that's not very convenient because it makes pulling the bags out much more difficult. We have a quick release adapter to use the pump with standard Flow-Rite fittings that we include with our prepackaged ballast systems. We can definitely make up some more for anyone that is interested.

JesseC, they did not die at once and I checked the power on the wires by plugging another pump, every thing is OK.

Thanks jasonmw, I already order pumps that I am going to install as close as possible to the bag.