Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    Alot of people follow the 100 rule...The water temp plus the air temp equals 100 or more. Example would be 50 degree water temp plus 50 degree air temp equals 100. It's all about preference though. I personally wear a full wet suit when the water is in the upper 40's and one of my buddies only wears his board shorts. I dont know how he does it. Good luck and have fun this season.
    This is what we do (give or take; have had a few rimes with 50 degree water and 40 degree air), and it seems to be fine. I never wear a full wetsuit; mine has short legs and long sleeves. If it's really cold I'll dock start and drop in shallow water. Usually stop using the wetsuit when the water gets around 65 or so.
    2013 Outback V

We did a poll on this back in December. We have some arctic seals in the group on here.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9727
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Rode last year in 36 degree water. I wore a full wet suit, I should have wore a dry suit.

I think anything over 50 degree water temps is long wet suite
    Anything under 50 degrees is dry suit
    Anything over 65 degrees is shorts and maybe a heater top depending on air temps
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Smile

The chart i was refering to uses the combination adding up to 100,which suggests which type of wetsuit or drysuit you should wear. I just can't find it.

Jeeeez, you guys are in shorties in the 70 degree range? Heater top down to 65, then maybe a shorty. Don't have a full length yet but if I needed a full length I'm going drysuit.