Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default swim platform getting loose

anyone ever have problems with this? the left bracket is starting to loosen up. i noticed that at least one of the screws is stripped. any advice would be much appreciated. i would definitely like to take care of this before the summer rolls around.

oh, and the boat is out of warranty.

I'd be tempted to remove the screw and fill with epoxy, then drill a small hole and reinsert the screw.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

should be throu bolted--could be a pain to find the nuts on the inside of the hull.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

i'm assuming you reinforced it with some sort of plate on the inside of the hull? i thought about putting some bolts in there, but have to think it's going to be tricky as he!! to get under the floor to where the screws (or bolts) are located. on another note, it is 60 up in chicago. that's just about good enough to get out and ride. too bad the tasks keep piling up.

Mine are loose too on my 00 Mob V. They are self tapping screws as well and I know the 2 bottom ones on both side are stripped. I tried the epoxy and it broke out again after about a month. I don't even know if I can get to the back side of them to drill them through and use stainless bolts. I will check this weekend. If I can do that, what is the best way to get a water tight seal all the way around it? Last thing I want to do is drill another thru-hull hole and create a leak...
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Default swim platform

iremoved mine off my 02 lsv and the nuts are under the carpet was not that bad. put sealer in the new bolts

I actually lost my platform last year while trolling down the river last summer. It took us two hours to finally locate it. A home owner found it and propped it up on their dock so we could see it. I bought some bigger screws and epoxied them into the fiberglass. Ruined my day.

Bcoutsfly, how did the platform not sink? Is yours teak?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LS - 325 FI
    Misc: Perfect Pass (SG Wake), bimini, factory wakeboard racks, Krypt Surf Rack, Monster Tower mirror, depth finder, stainless cleats, stainless cupholders, Evolution cover, Power Mover AC5 dolly
    Audio/Lighting by Divine Marine :Clarion M-309 head unit wMW1 remote, Wet Sounds XS-650 interior speakers, Exile XM7 tower speakers, Arc Audio KS-350 amp, Arc Audio KS-900 amp, Image Dynamics IDQ 10" sub, red interior LEDs, white transom LEDs

Ive been told the fiberglass platforms will float...