Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I agree, Razz. But in SC_LSV's case he needs 3 sets of RCAs in order to control the tower separate from the cabin speakers. Plus the Clarion is $50 shipped on Amazon and you get the benefit of the 7v line driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    No line-driver, so less sound quality
    No dual-zone eq, so you don't have the separate tone controls
    No mic
    No boatlink
    No external input for other audio devices

Everybody that's actually spent money on a WS-420, has been VERY surprised.
    I'm sure they have been, but then for $299 they'd better be right? I'm also trying to figure out what everyone did before this came out

Seriously you don't need to sell me on it, i know all about it and what it does. I also know it's not for everyone, for example i've been trying to get my brother-in-law to upgrade his stereo but he's just fine with his underpowered Alpine setup and one Schosce pot that turns down his tower speakers. For him $299 for something to do that is unthinkable. To him it's all about the riding and not who's he's going to impress with his stereo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I thought long and hard about the EQ thing.

Then i recall something i was taught a long time ago when i became a home Audiophile.

EQs add distortion to your music, and unless you have an ear for sound, most don't and EQ will only get you into more trouble.

I decided to not run an EQ. I have a separate volume control for the tower amp, and also a separate volume control for the sub. 2 dials, and a main volume do it all.

EQs are great if you know what your doing and know how to set them, but most of the time they will add distortion, and most people will set them wrong and over work the amps and speakers with clipping and gains that are too high.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Or you can just run a couple of PAC switches for less than $50 to gain selection control if your happy with your system. Not everyone is an audiophile or needs/wants the Intricacies of an EQ and for them PACs work just fine.
    So for us non audiophiles what is a PAC switch, how does it work, and how is it installed? The same question for a Schosce pot. I tried a quick google but didnt come up with much.
    2005 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by guinsha54 View Post
    So for us non audiophiles what is a PAC switch, how does it work, and how is it installed? The same question for a Schosce pot. I tried a quick google but didnt come up with much.
    The PAC is a little box with a dial on it. On the back are RCA connections.

Deck...out RCAs
    PAC....in the middle
    AMP....in RCAs

Its a box that sits between the deck and amp as fare as wiring, then you can use as a separate volume control.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike,

What control knobs are you using and and do you have a high volt pre out.

I am looking at all things, eq ( clarion or wetsounds, don't need the mic , but may be fun to yell at idiot jetskiers), adding two more Pac lc1 controller ( i already have one, or geatting a new HU with thre pre-outs and with 4 volts each.

I currently have to split the signals three ways and then run thre PAC, I might loose a lot of signal. JL line drivers look nice but if i need three @60 bucks i may as well get a new HU or ws 420

Make sense

Darn, this site has me doing all kinds of upgrades
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

This is a PAC LC-1 switch. The Scosche pot (potentiometer) is the same thing. They just plug inline between the head unit and the amp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Mike,

What control knobs are you using and and do you have a high volt pre out.

I am looking at all things, eq ( clarion or wetsounds, don't need the mic , but may be fun to yell at idiot jetskiers), adding two more Pac lc1 controller ( i already have one, or geatting a new HU with thre pre-outs and with 4 volts each.

I currently have to split the signals three ways and then run thre PAC, I might loose a lot of signal. JL line drivers look nice but if i need three @60 bucks i may as well get a new HU or ws 420

Make sense

Darn, this site has me doing all kinds of upgrades

The way mine is going to be set up is.

Kenwood Deck is a 4v Pre out on 3 lines.
    Exile 1500.1 has a Bass Level control so its just like a Pac
    Exile Harpoon for the tower has 1 Pac. 1 stepping box like a PAC but not.
    1 allows you to turn the volume down
    1 allows you to change the tone of the speaker for wake boarding and wake surfing so your not blown away at 20 feet.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey Mike, I'd heard a rumor that Kicker is playing around a dual field control device. I didn't anymore than that but that would be cool if they do. Knowing Kicker it would probably work real well and hopefully be less cash.
    Last edited by Razzman; 03-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I think this new Throttle system Exile is using will be the new wave for all towers. It realy makes them more usable for wake boarding and wake surfing. Sure you can turn the tower down but then you are losing that loud jam you want. The only problem with HLCDs up close is the treable is so bright its slightly painfull. The new throttle box turns what you would think is treable down but in reality its retunning the whole wavelength. Its a realy cool concept and i expect lots of companies to be following suit.
    [COLOR="#696969"]