Hybrid View

Default Wet Sounds WS-420 Question?

As a fairly inexperienced stereo person who purchased a used boat that was already loaded with a IMHO very good sound system I was wondering what it would take to install a WS-420. Do the interior speakers need to be amped to be controlled through the eq or is there another way to control them through the eq or just something I don’t understand with how the ws420 all works. I know you can control the boat and tower speakers separately however, can you still control the volume normally or should you only use the eq to control the volume once installed? Any explanation would be appreciated.
    2005 Mobius LSV

I do not have one (yet) but i believe that you need at least two amp to get proper seperation or a least a multi channel amp in order to seperate ot the in boat vs tower vs sub...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have one you will still conntrol the volume through your head unit, the ws 420 just lets you control the tower and inboats but you can tune your speakers and change the volume a tad just like with any eq but the main vloume will come from the head unit. You will love this system it is one of the best things I ever put on my boat. Hope I helped

I just bought one of thos a few days ago, waiting for it. here is some info
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5456
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

i had one installed last fall and i love the features it has. i have a huge range of volume with the ws 420 eq it will turn it down so low you can't hear it or blare it loud enough to hear at wake boarding distance.
    check my stereo upgrades out to see where they mounted mine

Thanks for the replies. I've got a better understanding now and also found the Owners Manual online if anyone else is interested in checking it out I can pm you the link. Now I just need to decide if I think it will be worth it with my current setup or if I should upgrade my tower speakers too.
    2005 Mobius LSV