Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rule 2000 to Rule 3800 question

Thinking about taking the stock sprinkler valves out and replacing with much larger valves and then replacing the stock Rule 2000 with the Rule 3800. Question is, are the wires powering the stock pump adequate for the almost twice as powerful Rule 3800. I can't find the electrcal specs for either pump

Found it, factory Rule 2000 is 8.4A and Rule 3800 is 17A. Hmmmm, wonder if the factory pump wires are rated that high?

I just finished mounting my 3800 in the 2000s place this weekend. I do not plan on powering mine with the stock wires. I do plan on adding a fused power source from the starter which is linked directly to the battery. I will use the old positive input from the pump to power a 5-wire relay to turn the pump on and off. The relay is rated at 25 amps and will take the load off of the switches.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

So does this mean you're going to have a switch mounted on the dash for just the pump and use the standard 3 ballast switches to activate the new valves as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    So does this mean you're going to have a switch mounted on the dash for just the pump and use the standard 3 ballast switches to activate the new valves as needed?
    No, the three factory switches all send power to ONE positive wire for the pump (factory setup). I am going to use that wire to open and close the relay. The switches and the rest of the ballast will function exactly as it used to. The only difference will be the power supply for the pump will come from the starter instead of the switches.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I really like that setup, Jesse. Very smart. I'm going to be looking at upgrading real soon but I already own 2 extra Rule 2000 pumps so I'll probably do it a little differently.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I really like that setup, Jesse. Very smart. I'm going to be looking at upgrading real soon but I already own 2 extra Rule 2000 pumps so I'll probably do it a little differently.
    That is what I had originally set out to do was have three dedicated 2000s all with their own water supply, but on my older LSV I can not even fit three Tsunamis below the water line. I can not wait to see how yours turns out!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Well, Daze is going to be my advisor as he's done it all. I can't wait to see how it turns out either -- actually, I can't wait just to see the dang boat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

feel free to stop here thursday on your way home and have a beer-Stay the night and ill give you a key the lake gate and you can spend the whole day friday breaking her in.

Oh--theres cold beer in the fridge
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have a meeting on Thurs. afternoon for work. Not sure if it'll be ready and everything done on Wed. I have stuff planned for Fri. and Sat. Sure wish I could have just brought it home. Maybe I should come have a beer with you on Wed night and then pop over there first thing in the am on Thurs. and get back in time for my meeting.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!