Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default ballast pump question

Ok, I have a 2005 XLV and it has the factory sacks, 2 250lbs in the rear and 1 600 in the front. For a total of 1100. Next season I would like to upgrade to the 2400lb system. BUT. and here is the big BUT. I have a 1 pump system with 3 spinkler valves and it takes like 15min to fill the 1100lbs. I thought I read somewhere that you get could get a bigger pump and and it would drastically improve the speed. I would rather go that rout then redo the whole system with 3 pumps and vented loops and all that non sense. I mean If I could get a faster pump and the bigger system and it still took 15min that would be fine. I just don't want the bigger system and 30min..
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Sled491 Guest

Head over to modifications, and check in with Jesse he's kind of a DIY ballast guru, well in my opinion

Moombadaze had a bunch of recent stuff on this too and Newty not too long ago as well. You can just search for posts by them or search on "Rule" and "Tsunami", I think. Lots of good stuff there that I'll be reading again more closely too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

That's right, you miss the upgrade with your new ride . Still has to be better than our old way!

It's going to be OK. I already own two very nice 2000 gph Rule pumps that I used to fill my surf bags. That's almost half the fight right there.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It's going to be OK. I already own two very nice 2000 gph Rule pumps that I used to fill my surf bags. That's almost half the fight right there.

Glad you have those pumps, will make moding your fill system much easier and trust me you will want to. I new when we were at lanier that the fill system sucked and that was the 1st time i used it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am going to need a step by step -- or I should say "stage by stage" plan with a parts list. Donna does not understand the necessity of cutting into a new boat so we'll have to go one thing at a time. I just don't want to repeat or redo anything. So, if I can change or add a pump or two here or there for speed sake in the place I will ultimately need it, that would be best for now. I won't be cutting the cooler out this year but you can bet it's going to happen for next year. On the other hand, I do usually have enough people in the boat where I may never have to do it. She'll have to find out for herself that it's not a cooler anyway. I'm willing to give it time but anything I can do in the meantime I'll do. I'll also start acquiring the parts and fittings I need. I have Katelyn selling some old stuff on ebay now. I think the first thing is I'll quietly put the bigger surf bag in without saying much.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Ah the better half, sometimes the less they know the better

I know. I wish I had the boat here last night while the academy awards were on. Could have gotten a lot done uninterrupted out in the garage.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Or you could have just sat in her with a big stupid grin on your face dreaming of a warm sunny day, well at least that's what I would have done