Default Bullet Hollow Point 6.5" HLCD's

I recieved my yBullet Hollow Point 6.5" HLCD's on Thursday. I installed them yesterday and I have to say they are Amazing!!! I couldn't be happier! Not only do they sound great but they look great too! I was worried about how they would sound in the boat but I gotta say they sound great when your in the boat or up close. Definatly the best purchase I have made. I have to say a big thanks to the guys at Earmark Marine for hooking me up!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    I recieved my yBullet Hollow Point 6.5" HLCD's on Thursday. I installed them yesterday and I have to say they are Amazing!!! I couldn't be happier! Not only do they sound great but they look great too! I was worried about how they would sound in the boat but I gotta say they sound great when your in the boat or up close. Definatly the best purchase I have made. I have to say a big thanks to the guys at Earmark Marine for hooking me up!
    Pictures Pictures
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sweet, how many did you get? I'm fixing to jump on the sale for the Bullet HP 6.5 coax speakers for the cabin. Three pair for $450 compared to $600 regular price. I have 3 pair of Polk db651 still unopened but I have a friend with an 06 Supra buying those so no money lost.

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

I'm thinking about getting these. Does anybody know what will be needed to push them?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman_08_LSV View Post
    I'm thinking about getting these. Does anybody know what will be needed to push them?
    Well, I got the 770's (2 pr) and David recommended a pair of JL G1300 to power them. I'm sure the same set up with the 6.5 HLCD would work wonderfully. Did you see the Youtube video of the 770's? Max distance in the video they went was almost 450 ft...imagine what it would sound like at 20ft surfing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWv-39ftIZo
    Last edited by you da man; 03-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Well, I got the 770's (2 pr) and David recommended a pair of JL G1300 to power them. I'm sure the same set up with the 6.5 HLCD would work wonderfully. Did you see the Youtube video of the 770's? Max distance in the video they went was almost 450 ft...imagine what it would sound like at 20ft surfing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWv-39ftIZo
    Yea your ears will bleed bro. You will have to seriously tune them down..Not Turn them down, TUNE them down other wise they will be screaming at you at that close of a range.

The XM7s i got are like that if you put any kind of volume to them that close its painfull to listen to them. They are clear and sound great but the highs are loud its painfull. This is why the Harpoon amp i have running them is so awesome with the Throttle box controler. It allows you to < not turn down > the speaker but re tune them so they arnt projecting so fare back. They become warm and sound more like the boat cabins but still loud.

We are going to do some sound tests with my XM7s and the new Harpoon amp on the 21st and i can almost bet you it will be more then 450FT. Im not knocking the HPs i just have that much confidence in my gear LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]