Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polk MM1040

Default Polk MM1040

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Polk MM1040? I can get it for $179.00. Would this be a good sub or is there anything better? What do you guys like for under $250.

I have one in my boat i like it but i got it off ebay for 39.00 buck new. Its an 2007 i think. for the money at 250.00 i would do amarine jl 10 free air or crutchfield runs specials on Boston accoustic G3 you should be able to get the polk for less than 179.00

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...io+MM1040.html.

check out my pics in my profle for the polk sub.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think you realy need to be looking into Duel Voice Coil subwoofers. When you run a Duel Voice Coil sub you can wire them together to drop the Ohms to 2 and get twice the power to it from your amp.

Exp. The L5 10inch Kicker i was running was a Duel VC sub and i was able to make the 700.5 drop to 2ohm and run 400 watts to it.

Before that i was running a 10 inch Kicker with a single VC. It was oinly getting 200 watts from the same amp.

Its your choice but if you have a 2ohm stable amp then get a Duel Voice Coil sub, run it at 2ohm and realy get that punch.

I have all my speakers in the boat except my bow speakers running at 2ohm load. Making all them amps work for me LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

A friend of mine has the Boston G3 10 in his boat with about 300 watts to it and it sounds great !

I am going to buy a sub in the next couple of days. What sub to buy? Rockford, JL, Polk. Dual voice coil, single voice coil I don't know the diffrence. I am leaning toward the Polk MM1040DVC it is Dual voice coil and handles 500 watts and is about 139.00

Yea, I told my daughter I would add a sub if she sold a bunch of stuff for me on ebay but I have no idea what to get.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wish someone would sell stuff for me! I just have to deal with the wife saying I am spending to much money on the boat. She does not understand. I have looked at the subs online but can not choose one. I need help.

I bought a brand new Kicker 10" Solo Baric L5 for around 120.00 I have been told they sound very good in a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    I wish someone would sell stuff for me! I just have to deal with the wife saying I am spending to much money on the boat. She does not understand. I have looked at the subs online but can not choose one. I need help.
    It's my latest trick. Whenever she asks for something I give her some stuff to sell on ebay for the money. Then she ends up buying it on ebay because it's cheaper that way and she gets a better idea of the value of the money/items, etc. So I save space by getting rid of crap and money I could have just handed her while teaching a valuable lesson to boot. Man, I should write a book. I could have her sell it on ebay . . .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badasshybrid View Post
    I bought a brand new Kicker 10" Solo Baric L5 for around 120.00 I have been told they sound very good in a boat.
    These are excellent speaker and the square pattern makes them easy to just a box for. I ran this speaker for a short bit this winter and loved it. I know several others who are running this speaker, you wont be disappointed. It really pounds.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]