Thread: Sacks

Hybrid View

Default Sacks

Hey Gang,

The wife and son want to get in to wakesurfing (I just drive). I have a 2005 Mobius LS with the factory ballast. What do I need to add to get the wake right for surfing? ANy help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Sled491 Guest

You need some loose type bags say about 400lbs. One on the side that they will be surfing on and one for the bow on the floor. Try filling your stock ballast and then add the bags and play with it until you get the sweet spot. Not much else. If you have a wake plate start with it at about half and try up and down to clean up the top of the wake.

The factory bag under the rear seat is 450 pounds. With that an either some people weight, or a single ballast bag, next to the engine on the side you're surfing on you'll have a great beginner-intermediate level wake that is easily surfable without the rope.

That would be a really good place to start.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    The factory bag under the rear seat is 450 pounds. With that an either some people weight, or a single ballast bag, next to the engine on the side you're surfing on you'll have a great beginner-intermediate level wake that is easily surfable without the rope.

That would be a really good place to start.
    I totaly agree.

I have a 2004 LS which is the same hull. Run your front bag half full, rear full, 750 on the surf side with a 550 on top of the 750 kinda on an angle onto the back seat. Put the plate just under 1/2 and 9.8mph You will be amazed at the size and push of your wake for a DD.

If your wake is not clean chances are your swim platform is catching the water on the non surf side of the boat.....which is caused by too much weight in the rear and not enough on the surf side.

Good luck!

it should look like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images