Thread: Bad boog

Default Bad boog

My 93 boomerang has a 302 in it and I just put a new carb on it along with plugs wires cap points and rotor button. Its fine hooked up in the drive way or even sitting in the water Idleing but when you put it under a load its bogging down REALLY bad. At first I was thinking to much fuel, well I pulled the air cleaner off and when you get on it the fuel fan is just pettering out on the top end. What could I look for or do to try and get my boat back right. Season is coming on fast and I dont wanna miss a minute this year. Thanks in advance.
    I suck at riding but Im awsome at crashin.
    93 Boomerang nothing fancy.

Try putting your hand over the front barrels of the carb at the same time the bog occurs. If it revs like normal the problem is in the carb. Also check the points adjustment if you have points.

Also you may have water in the fuel which can also cause this type of condition. Have had that experience with a previous boat.

Thanks Im gonna try that. My boat does have points and I have just put new ones in it and set them to .0010 so that could be off a little there but my engine book say to set them with a static light and I dont have one. I think Im in for a few long hours of tuning on the water before any boarding will be done this year.

Swamp, I was having the same exact problem with a previos carberated motor. To make a really long story short, (a whole summers worth). The final result was that the alternator was on its way out and wasn't providing enough juice. I told the new owner that I thought that's what the problem was and he changed the alt. and the thing ran like a top...until he sank it.
    Just an experiance I had. Who knows though

He sank it? Good gawd.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You know how Roosevelt gets on a windy day. Big monsoon came in and a four footer came over the bow. She was under for about two hours...and you lnow what pulled up, you got it a MOOMBA. After he got it up the fishfinder and I think the radio was still on. Crazy. Insurance covered it all. Talked to his wife a few weeks ago and she said it looks like a brand new boat again.

I had a similar problem with an older car we have, turned out to be water in the fuel, so we pumped the tank dry and refilled with new gas. Started it up and purred like a kitten, then we got on the gas and it bogged just like before. Turns out the fuel filter was full of water and not letting the fuel pass through quick enough. Try putting some water treatment in a full tank and run a new fuel filter.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I will try all of what yall said as soon as it quits rainin. Where is the waterfuel separator on a boat like mine? I havent seen it when I have looked for it. 93 boomerang.

One other thing to look at is the boat running extemely rich? If so, lack of power and bogging can be caused by a blown power valve. This would be located in the front float bowl of the carb between the metering block. This happened to us, all it takes is one small backfire through the carb to blow this out. Good luck.