Default Total Exile System Delivered to John's Shop

I spent a good bit of the day yesterday driving to an install shop in Kentucky. One of the members here named John (username - jonyb) is going to install a fairly involved Exile system for me. When I arrived at his shop, I was rather impressed. John has room for 4-5 boats, and has 3 boats in there right now (counting my boat). I will try to get pictures up on this thread to keep everyone updated on the progress (if you are interested).

Here is a listing of the stuff to install:

4 - Exile XM-7 tower speakers. Each pair will be powered by an Exile S400.4 Amp.

6 - Exile XT-65s will be used in the cabin. They will be powered by an Exile Xi800.4 Amp.

1 - Exile Big12d2 Subwoofer. This will be powered by an Exile Xi1500.1 Amp.

1 - Wetsounds WS-420 Equalizer. This is arguably the best on the market right now.

So, it will be a total of 4 amps, and 10 new speakers. It is still up in the air about battery power. It is thought that I will need either 1 or 2 Stinger batteries to power just the stereo. I am pretty excited about this system. It should really kick some serious tail once it is dialed-in.

Here are a couple pictures of my boat before the install, and a table-full of electronics at his shop.

Pics:

Last edited by jclevoy; 03-02-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

keep the photos coming
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Can't wait to see the progress. What's the plan for the sub? Mod the floor or build around the hump?
    Love to see other folks ideas. I didn't know johnb did installs. I saw some post of his install on his supra. Looks like you're good hand judging by the pics of his stuff.

PWI as usual...

It's like Santa Claus stopped by . I'm doing a mid-size system myself but with only 3 JL Audio amps. I'm definately going with 2 Deka AGM batteries though just for the stereo. I'll have just over 200 amp hours for the stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Can't wait to see the progress. What's the plan for the sub? Mod the floor or build around the hump?
    Love to see other folks ideas. I didn't know johnb did installs. I saw some post of his install on his supra. Looks like you're good hand judging by the pics of his stuff.
    Build a box that is contoured to the kick plate under the drivers feet, and hopefully it doesn't take up too much room. We shall see what the dimensions to the box come back as.........
    Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

Sounds great man. Very similar to the system i am building right now with Exile. Im curious as to why you choose the S400.4 for the towers? Im guessing your bridging the channels together to run 1 set of each 4 channel amp?

Im very interested in the box JonyB comes up with.

I cant divulge into what we are doing Sub wise on mine yet, we have now tested 2 different boxes and working on the 3rd version lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Sounds great man. Very similar to the system i am building right now with Exile. Im curious as to why you choose the S400.4 for the towers? Im guessing your bridging the channels together to run 1 set of each 4 channel amp?

Im very interested in the box JonyB comes up with.

I cant divulge into what we are doing Sub wise on mine yet, we have now tested 2 different boxes and working on the 3rd version lol.
    Brian with Exile recommended those. He said one S400.4 would run 2 XM-7s really nicely. I could have gone with 1 large amp to run all 4 tower speakers. Brian was EXTREMELY helpful with recommendations for the entire system so that it would work well together.

We will see once it is all installed............
    Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

Looks like a sweet setup.

PM me if you want to get rid of your old tower setup.

Default Nice shop

I'm Kinda partial to the the disco ball in the shop. Nice touch!

-Brian

Gotta Love The Disco Man