Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Ok... now i am confused Just got off the phone with my local Moomba dealer and they said they talked with the parts guy from Boat Mate and he was told that there is NOTHING that can be upgraded without "major" modifications. They have my trailer s/n, so they know exactly what I have.

I thought for sure that I could easily swap out the fenders to stainless. and put on the optional 14" or 15" chrome "spinner type" wheels on. What gives? Do they just not want my business?
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

I have a double axle boatmate and yes I needed the wider fenders, but they just bolt-on. Call boatmate directly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    Ok... now i am confused Just got off the phone with my local Moomba dealer and they said they talked with the parts guy from Boat Mate and he was told that there is NOTHING that can be upgraded without "major" modifications. They have my trailer s/n, so they know exactly what I have.

I thought for sure that I could easily swap out the fenders to stainless. and put on the optional 14" or 15" chrome "spinner type" wheels on. What gives? Do they just not want my business?
    My wheels I put on required "NO" modifications at all, it was a simple bolt-on installation. Not sure if the Moomba trailers are different from Supra. I think the only difference would be that Supra has 4 wheel disc brakes, but I dont think this would cause any problems with wheel size.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

If your staying within the parameters (14" wheel to 14" wheel) then it's no problem. The problems arise when you attempt to put larger wheels on and don't keep the tire height within the specs so you don't have interence.

Example, your boat tires should be 215/75R14 goodyear marathons, place a 15" wheel on there and you have to put a smaller or larger size to maintain the same height so you don't hit the fender since Goodyear only makes 205/75R15 & 225/75R15. To get it right you need to go with 18" tires & wheels and a 60 series tires to maintain height but now the tire and wheel is wider and in some cases a wider fender is needed so you don't hit the tire in this case.

Btw, you won't gain anything at all by going with 15" wheels, they're all but indistinguisable from 14". You can go with 14" custom wheels, just swap your wheels for something you like. You only need to make sure the offset matches what you have so you don't hit the inside of the frame, suspension or fender.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Im planning on doing the new fenders next year, i was told by AWS it requires major changes to do this. Now my major changes and there major changes may be different. When i tell them all the things ive done to my boat they says wow thats some major chit. I think its all little chit.

Take the wheels off. Look around if you can unbolt the fender then its as simple as that as long as the length between the front step and rear steps are the same.

I dont see where disk brakes matter if you go with a larger wheel, on when you go smaller.

My LSV has 4 wheel Disks breaks.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Im planning on doing the new fenders next year, i was told by AWS it requires major changes to do this. Now my major changes and there major changes may be different. When i tell them all the things ive done to my boat they says wow thats some major chit. I think its all little chit.

Take the wheels off. Look around if you can unbolt the fender then its as simple as that as long as the length between the front step and rear steps are the same.

I dont see where disk brakes matter if you go with a larger wheel, on when you go smaller.

My LSV has 4 wheel Disks breaks.
    I do believe for the most part double axle trailers all use one of three lengths 66", 72" & 102" in 7.5", 9" or 10" widths, it's an industry standard.

Brakes won't matter because you couldn't go smaller if you wanted to.

Mike you have four wheel disc because it's an Oregon law, brakes on all axles.
    2007 Mobius LSV

WOW didnt know it was OR law. So your saying all the Moomba double axle trailers dont have disk brakes?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Exactly, in Cali they come on the leading axle only. In many states, trailers with a GVWR of 1,500 pounds or more are required to have brakes on all wheels. Wish they did have 'em though. Although it would be simple enough to add them on as the flanges are already there.
    Last edited by Razzman; 03-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Think the 4 wheel disk became standard in 08, mine has them.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Wheels 14in

http://www.trailer-wheels.com/14-inc...eel_p_631.html

If I bought these wheels would I have to modify my trailer? They are 14 in so I am hoping that I can just throw them on.

I am looking at the transformers or the dark force... I'm trying to decide but the price is right on both sets.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots