Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Upgrading trailer Rims

Has anyone here upgraded their trailer rims? I kind of like the look of the optional Supra rims. I think they are 15 or 16 inch? The upgrade is purly on looks... I was also thinking of getting the stainless fenders. I convinced myself, instead of buying a new boat this year, I would find ways to dress mine up a bit - for a change

Anyone have photos showing off their Blinged out Trailer?
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

I changed out my stock chrome rims for some aluminum 5 star rims. I sometimes operate in brackish water and knew that the chrome ones would rust quickly.
    I purchased mine from a local trailer shop. Used the stock tires on the new wheels, which was cheaper and sold the 2 chrome wheels. They were about $80 each installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Those look very similar to the aluminum rims I already have. Sounds like a great price too. I am thinking of heading over to a tire place down the street that carry all sorts of rims to see what they have. I am hoping that trailer rims are cheaper than car rims.

The bling trailer wheels will actually be car/truck wheels that have the backspacing and offset to work with the trailer and fender. The trailer fenders can be an issue as well.

Default trailer-wheels.com

Check out my profile. Lots of picks there. I love my wheels they have lots to pick from and they are already the right backspacing, diameter, and lug pattern. The best part is I didn't have to buy new tires.
    Fman also bought a set for his supra. I'm sure he will chime I too. I think I paid $450 shipped for four with center caps and Chrome valve stems.
    As far as the fenders, most trailer shops will have them I stock. Check shadowtrailers.com they have all kinds of trailer accessories. They are the same people as trailer-wheels.com they are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.
    Hope this helps.

PWI as usual...

Newty, I looked at your pics and noticed your swim platform. Is it from a Supra?

No I bought the supra grab rail from my dealer and installed it on my deck.
    BTW they are the same as the supra so they fit.

PWI as usual...

Boatmate 18x10 full led with runway lights. Contact Owen at Boatmate trailers
    He can help you with any upgrades you want.
    [email protected]

I upgraded from 14" to 18" wheels. FYI, the wheels would not fit the fenders so I had to get new wider fenders from boatmate.

Offset is the key if trying to find truck wheels that fit. To save headaches and making a bad purchase, I would go with something offered for Supra's and new fenders. Might not be the cheapest tho.

Just got back from a few tire places here in town. When I asked for 18" trailering tires, they looked at me as if I had horns growing out of my head. The only tires they could find were 255 45 R18 heavy load rating high performance. However they cautioned me that premature tire failiure is possible as the tires were not designed for the side to side stress common with tandem axle trailers. What is everyone using? Have anyone heard of tire failiure using 18" wheels?

Might be best to get these through boatmate or alike.