Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2000 Mooba Mobius

I am looking at a 2000 Moomba Mobius to purchase. We do more skiing than boarding. Skiing is mostly aggressive short line and courses. I'm looking for a boat that has a pretty nice slalom wake. Ideally it could be fat-sacked into having nice boarding wakes.

Questions: How are the wakes on the Mobius (direct not the V-drive)? Is the Mobius first and foremost a wakeboarding boat? Is the 2000 year Mobius a decent one, or one to be avoided? What's the track record?

Any input before I invest a bunch more time in pursuing this boat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 98 Mobius and they were similar in 99. They changed in 2000 but I'm not sure what besides the metalflake was gone. My boat is an Outback with a tower and the label plate even states the Outback. I have had very little issues and the wake is OK for the size of the boat. The shorter DDs have a better wake but no room for people so it is a compromise and one that I have lived with for 8 years with no regrets.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I have the 2000 Outback LS. I think it's the same hull. The Mobius just came with a tower. The Outback was AWSA approved and has a nice ski wake. You can get more info on the hulls in the Archive under "about Moomba" at the top of the page or click here:

http://www.moomba.com/archive/

For info on whether you can sack out and surf behind an Outback/Mobius DD, check out this thread with pics:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=Outback+surf

This boat is a great model and low maintenance. You will love it if you ski a lot and wakeboard and/or surf a little.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

They are great boats! I have the 2000 Mobius V and the wake is pretty shallow at 22mph, 2 people in the boat, trim tab up, & no ballast filled. However, you add a few more people, put the trim about 65% down, fill the sacs up and you get a monster wake. Slow her down and drop the tab the rest of the way down and the surf wake is sick. Pretty universal boat.

If you're interested, I am planning & trying to find a way to pay for, a wedding in July; so mine is up for sale. Let me know if you want some more info on it. Thanks.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Weddings last one day. Boating is a lifetime activity.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I agree, somethings need to come first I guess. The good thing is we both love to wakeboard & surf, so I don't think I'll be without a boat for long. Still trying to find a way to keep it, but it'd help out alot if I could get it sold. Besides, 2 incomes has "NEW BOAT" written all over it!!!
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Keep costs down. Don't invite anyone you wouldn't invite out on the boat. Congrats!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

combine them--get married on the boat--start things off correctly
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Hey, I'll toast that idea!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Weddings last one day. Boating is a lifetime activity.
    oh that will win ya alot of votes from the girlies. But I like it
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug