Thread: System help

Hybrid View

Default System help

Ok, guys I need some info. What do you guys think about the kicker mx700.5 amp. I was hoping to use just that one amp to power my six in boat speakers and my two tower speakers (since they are regular speakers not the high powered HLCDs) and the sub. I was thinking about buying the Polk db651 speakers for the in boat and tower. The speakers are new in the boat but they are Pyle and I want to switch them. I will at some point get tower specific speakers but right now too many things to buy like slip, lift, amps...etc. I found the kicker amp online for $349.00 is this a good price. I found the Polk speakers from one of the other posts at earmark? I think for $149.00 for 3 pair then another place for $52.oo for a pair. I like the idea of one amp. I have no idea about a sub. Thanks for your help.

The ZX700.5 is a good amp, but your asking too much of to power eight speakers plus a sub. Yea it can power six cabin Polks, mine does. But adding the tower speakers is just more than it should handle and you'll probably have trouble. Your better off adding another 2 channel amp for the towers.

Oh yea, i've seen better pricing than that for the amp.
    2007 Mobius LSV

So it will handle the six boat speakers and the sub. Then I will need another amp for the tower speakers? Can anyone recommend a budget friendly setup? Amp, tower speakers, cabin speakers and sub that is what I need. Tell me what I should plan on spending. I don't think I am going to put in the HLCDs in the tower this year.

You can always run the bow speakers off the h/u and just run the kicker to the rest right?

I unplugged my bow speakers, I have a triangle sac in the bow so no one sits up there anyways.

Razz I dissagree, (wow I've kinda been a pain in the ass here lately!)
    I used to run a 700.5 with the 8 speakers and a sub with no issued at all.
    So you run the cockpit speakers to the rear channels that will put the amp at a 2ohm load and the bow speakers wired with the towers which will put the front channel at a 2 ohm load. Thats what that amp was designed to do. Provided you don't mind having all the speakers the same volume because if you want to fade the towers up/down you'll be fading the bow speakers as well.
    That amp is a great dependable amp and you will be very happy with it for a long time. The only issue I see is when you decide to go with HLCD's and want to kick it up a little you'll need a seperate amp to do that. however leave the front speakers hooked up to the amp. It will run at a 4ohm load and be just fine there too.
    I agree w/ Razz as far as price http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...08ZX700.5.html
    Yea... way high and these guys have free shipping.
    Hope that helps.

PWI as usual...

Yeah i know it can be done, i just don't like running 2ohms in a boat with amps in an enclosed space with the heat we have around here in the summer. I tend to forget it's not like that for everyone.
    2007 Mobius LSV