Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default The long winter wait is over

Well I was able to put my boat back together this weekend and make my way to the water. Baby started up on the first crank just like every other time. It was great. Air temp was 61* today and water temp of 47*. We got some wakeboarding in but the water was not that great until we pulled out and had everything put away. I was also able to save another group that their boat decided to die and not want to start again. It is nice to be back in my happy place.

I would like to thank Al and the rest of the Moomba Family for all the tips and tricks on winterizing so she was able to start without any issues.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Sled491 Guest

Man you beat us by about 2 months

Start the year off strong and with a good deed, that will pay dividends all season, way to go!

^^ Agreed ^^
    Glad to hear you got out!

PWI as usual...

Way to go! Way to break the seal on the new year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

53º air and 45º water here. Went last 2 weekends with a 4/3 steamer and have decided to invest in booties, gloves and a cap. Ice cream headache was not pleasant.
    2009 Outback V

that's great that you got out
    I read in the paper this morning that a fisherman fell through the ice in a local reservoir. The first thing I though was "I hope he's OK" (and he is) the second thing I thought was "Hey the ice is getting thin that means it's almost Moomba time!"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Thumbs up Game On !!!

Man i can't wait to get home and hit the water. I have about two more weeks and I'll be on the water. Work sucks! But, it does pay the bills!. Glad to hear y'all are starting the season early, but I could never get in water around 45. That's just crazy! I don't even know if our water gets below 55 anytime of the year.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

i am very envious1 we are still unusually cold, the lake is still hard and i am hoping to see it by st pats, but not likely. take another ride for all of us who are not able to get out yet.

Wow, boating in Feb...I'm jealous.
    2006 Mobius XLV

WOW - I'm just glad it hit 50 today. First time over 50 in 5 months. 60 days and counting!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet