Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

if you ski gowith the obv , if not go big and xlv... you really can't slalom behind an xlv..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    found a obv for 33.5K and a xlv for $40K. Both new. Which one? xlv has more options, but the price of the obv seems really good. Any thoughts? Plus, what is the difference between a gravity 1 ball. system and a gravity 3? The obv has the g1 and the xlv has the g3... Which system is better and why? Is there a difference in the fill times as well? Also, what is the purpose of the water strainer? I will probably have some more questions, as I am researching like mad and want to be well informed before dropping that kind of $$ on a boat.

Thanks in advance....
    One thing to keep in mind, the '08 Ballast fill system is terribly designed, they used Sprinkler valves that should have never been put in a wakeboard boat. The '09 models have a much improved JABSCO pump system that will fill and drain much more efficiently.

Many Supra and Moomba owners with '08 and older boats have had a lot of porblems with the ballast fill systems not working properly and are extremely slow.

Just something to keep in mind... I had to replace my entire fill system on my '08 Supra because of excessive problems with the sprinkler valves. Its not a huge expense, but definitely something you will have to consider.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Sled491 Guest

You never said what year the boats are. Are they both the same year? The XLV is just simply huge next to an older (0 OBV. I think the 40 on the XLV sounds like a better deal, but only if it is the boat you want, need, or can afford.

dont forget to factor in where the boat will sit when not being used-- a xlv wont fit a standard garage
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    dont forget to factor in where the boat will sit when not being used-- a xlv wont fit a standard garage
    If it would I'd probably have one in mine today.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents...I love the XLV..would never go any smaller. Mainly wakeboard, and surf, and great for when you need the extra room. If you are a hardcore skier, then def go with a smaller boat, but if not, for the extra money and room, you will not be disappointed with the XLV. What ever you choose, make sure to post some pic's of your new purchase. Good Luck!!
    2006 Mobius XLV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    if you ski gowith the obv , if not go big and xlv... you really can't slalom behind an xlv..
    We have a 1980 Sunrunner now with an I/O... The wake is huge! and we are still ok to ski behind it... Anything has to be better than it... Even if just a little, we will surf/wakeboard moreso than ski...

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    You never said what year the boats are. Are they both the same year? The XLV is just simply huge next to an older (0 OBV. I think the 40 on the XLV sounds like a better deal, but only if it is the boat you want, need, or can afford.
    They are both NEW 2008... Never registered before and a dealer blow out (so they say).... We cna afford both, but the XLV is stretching the budget to a little more than our original max we wanted to pay.... I just dont want to be looking back and saying, "for an extra $4k I should have".... for the amount of time and years we will have the boat, I think its worth it, but will have to check the specs tomorrow... I will post when I get the email from the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    If your willing to go as high as 40K, before you make any firm decisions, take a good look at the 2009/2010 Outback V
    Is the 2009 &/o 2010 OB-V better than an 2008 XLV? Both are new boats.... what is the difference between the two that you feel is worth looking at??

Thanks

Sled491 Guest

The 09 / 10 OBV was a completely redesigned OBV. The 08 version is the old hull and was more like the DD Outback but with a V Drive, while the new OBV has a very specific hull design for Wake surfing/boarding. The new hull OBV would be smaller than the 08 you are looking at. The XLV is the Mac Daddy of Moombas and is way bigger, by almost 5 ft in length.

Personally I can't own a V Drive due to limitations on my lake frontage, but if I could, for that money I'd go XLV.