Default Tech & Tune Session NW

Hey guys -

Over the winter we took the pulse from guys about getting together for an afternoon of audio related teaching, tech / tuning tips for the DIY guys, and open Q & A of advice from us industry peeps. From what I saw, a lot of people where interested but more people preferred to wait until spring time.

Proposed:

Date: MAR 20 or 21st (I'd like to get some input on this)
    Time: Noon - 3pm or so!

Confirmed:

Exile acoustic engineer Bill Hasbrook will give a hands on tuning session about setting up amplifier gains, audio system design and layout. He'll also discuss HLCD speaker technology from the inside out and take on whatever questions you fire at him.

I also confirmed today that Terry from Meguire's International will join us for a teaching session and live waxing demo. These guys are amazing and I think everyone would learn a thing or two. Who wants to volunteer their boat?

I need to get a feel for head count and who'd like to bring their boat so I can sort out logistics. This should be a fun thing for everyone and a great way to off this season.

I hope to see some of you NW guys out there.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Hey Brian great to see you get this going man.

Righter day works for me and I sure hope some other guys bring there boats. I will have mine available of course for display and Meguires cleaning

We can use mine to do the sound testing of HLCDs unless someone else brings a boat with them. You know me ill do what ever we need.

Thought: March 20th at your shop plenty of room, if this goes down on the 21st we are going to have to make some room some where around there or hold it at a remote location.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wish i could be there, sounds like fun.

Suggestion, how about seperate videos of the tech & tune sessions so those that cannot attend can still learn?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Wish i could be there, sounds like fun.

Suggestion, how about seperate videos of the tech & tune sessions so those that cannot attend can still learn?
    i second this idea. too bad i'm across the country from you guys or i'd be there in a heartbeat! i'd love to get some knowledge about the audio systems out there and hear some info on keepin the boat looking sharp for years

I think we'll have to put someone in charge of shooting some video and post it up online for you all. should be pretty easy. - Brian

Brian, I am 90% positive I will be there and if I come I will bring my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

We can use mine to do the sound testing of HLCDs unless someone else brings a boat with them. You know me ill do what ever we need.
    mmandley, does this mean you will record the session for all of us who can't make it

Brian,
    I'd love to come down and I'll volunteer my boat. I could use some tech tips and get some advice on how to keep the black on my boat shining.
    And all on a weekend I'm off!
    Count me in!
    Keep us posted as to when you nail down a date.

Thanks!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    mmandley, does this mean you will record the session for all of us who can't make it
    I will see what i can do with acquiring the use of a camcorder. I'm i can figure something out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]