Threaded View

Default New Kenwood 700 U

I picked up the new Kenwood 700U deck to power my new system im still building.

This unit has all the fancy goodies in it. I also picked up the remote unit for it. It can control 3 separate remotes at once. They have a piggy back connector you can buy so you can run a drivers remote, transom remote and a third where ever else you want.

The deck as a standard DIN case on it. It has an over sized fascia. There is also a separate Brain unit. The actual Deck is jsut a case for the face to attach and you to store your IPod, IPhone, or thumb drives in.

I will post some pictures of the Brain when i get it installed. I haven't decided where its going yet.

Only bad part about this unit is the face is so large, and the LSV glove box is so shallow that the face wont open all the way. It open fare enough to use the connections inside just fine but some will be unhappy you cant open it all the way.

Picture 1 Deck
    Picture 2 Showing the Deck open.
    Picture 3 is the remote.

That was a lot of work to get it installed.
    Me and Newty, < cant say thanks enough for your skills on this project bro > cut the original mounting section for the Kenwood remote out. Shaped and cut it large enough to flush mount this new remote. It required us to heat the panel and bend it to fit the contours of the new remote. Lastly we heated and bent the upper corner of the remote case to form into the panel.

I have a few other pictures of the panel work but they are in the phone not on my computer.

It was a 12 pack of beer job LOL. 1 each to talk threw the plan. 2 each to start cutting and remolding the panel.

3 more to go over all Newty's upgrades after the remote was done. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]