Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Gravity Games Ballast System

Just wondering if anyone has this installed in their LSV? The issue would seem to be with the ski locker bag. The stock bag on at least the '06-'07 LSV's seems to completely fill the locker and then some. So how could a bag with the dimensions of 19" x 19" x 88", weighing in at 1180 lbs fit in there? Seems as if there is already little to zero room to expand.

Thanks
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

I think the boats with the Gravity Games bag your talking about are Play Pen style boats. Those boats don't have the ski locker, its one big open area under the bow for those bags.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You're right, the stock bag completely consumes the ski locker. A larger bag there would be pointless. If you want more weight up front it's got to be in the bow or in the walkway.

Some people have actually replaced the stock 400lb center locker bag with the GG 1180lb Fly High bag which is longer, however you cannot fill anywhere near full, somewhere around 650-700lbs if i remember correctly. Contact Fly High as they claim it fits.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I don't get it, Razz... if the stock bag consumes the entire volume of the ski locker, how does adding a larger bag help?

It doesn't consume the entire locker, at least on mine it doesn't. My locker is deeper than the bag is. Now mind you it's Fly High that claims it fits not me
    2007 Mobius LSV

Personally, I think it would be a waste to buy a different bag to go in the ski locker on a LSV-as it is the bag from the factory will pop open the door when filled and there is not much more room for it going forward for a longer bag.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm guessing that the ski locker bag doesn't get completely full - to say that it doesn't get 400 lbs of water weight in there. It seems to me, that the further up the bow of the boat you get, the more taper the front of the ski locker has. Which in turn reduces the amount the bag can expand. It gets pretty full, and I usually fill mine to where the "handle" on the ski locker almost pops up. That "full" for me. I'm guessing 325#?
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

In the XLV we call it "the basement". You can litterally put a person in there with room to spare.

Alright guys I have a 02 that the seam split on the locker bag, do you know if it would be cheaper to get a new bag from SC or get a fly high locker bag?

Thanks,
    Mark