Default Replacing the factory OJ Prop (13.7X17.5) on LSV08?

Hi there,

I damaged my prop and I'm seriously considering getting a new one and keep this one as a spare one.
    I was thinking about upgrading to an ACME 1235 (14.4x14.25 - this one).

Anybody has recently tried this. One local dealer told me I'd better get a new OJ prop because the ACME on the LSV may create a wierd noise

(attached: my shredded prop )

JC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't speak for Acme's making a weird noise but i would contact both Acme and OJ and see what's recommended for your boat. I do know OJ has a new prop out for the LSV. Nothing worse than buying the wrong prop for the application.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks. I'll do my homework and report back the result

I've also been wondering about the 1235 on my 08 lsv... The only concern I have is the clearance between the trailer prop guard and the prop... The clearance would be small, but not sure exactly how small... but the ass end of the boat should always be floating higher right?

Tailgate--Ed G is doing a prop test next month on the 7th-weather and temp permiting--were also going to be using my boat-08 lsv. I think that prop you are talking about (1235) is one he has--I can let you know how it fits with the trailer
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Smile

Allright, I call OJ, let them know what boat I have and how i use it. They recommended the OJ Prop 14.25 x 14.5 XMP Fusion ($450), I got it!

Bottom line: more pop when you take off, my buddyy is about 200lbs and I can clearly feel the difference.
    At 20mph with ballast full it now runs at about 2800rpm, I think I was closer to 3000rpm with the factory installed prop.
    The sound is different. I like it

So to conclude, I'm happy
    I don't have much experience to compare with so it's hard to give more detail. this is my first wakeboat and second prop only!

Pic attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images