Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You don't have to cut a hole. I was all set to do that but realized there's no reason to do it. All I did was scrap the middle bow of the old bimini and use the tower instead. This bimini is very large -- it fit the boat before there ever was a tower.

Last edited by kaneboats; 02-24-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

When you say you scrapped the middle bow of the old bimini, are you just refering to the middle bimini support? So does the bimini rest on the top of the rope mount then? The bimini I have now is pretty big, and if I can get it on the top side of the tower it'd be way nice.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Yea, it's called a bow. If you order a bimini the first thing they ask is if you want a "two bow", a "three bow" or a "four bow". (The same terminology is used for convertible tops on automobiles and probably dates back to covered wagons.) The one I had was a 3 bow. I pulled the middle one out just use the tower to do its job.

The rear bow is probably 5-6 inches behind the rope mount so I just reach under the bimini and put the rope right over it.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Perfect! Mine is also a 3 bow. I will have to do some test fitting and see if I can get it mounted above. Thanks for your help!

When I did mine I just stretched it over the tower and looked at it. The first thing I determined was the middle bow had to go. I disconnected it at the ends and pulled it out of its sleeve on the canvas. Later I added a strap with velcro on both ends that runs through the sleeve (that used to hold the middle bow) and secures it to the tower. I made an incision in the sleeve right in the center so the strap can exit and wrap around the tower and then reenter the sleeve. So now there are three attachment points -- one at each end of the sleeve and another one in the middle of the sleeve. I think I also hacksawed a few inches off the front bow to make it fit better. I attached the top frame using bimini clamps. You can get these on ebay.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to do it. Thanks again.