Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boat anchor

The chain helps to set the roap down and let the anchor settle and grab easier.If you don't use chain it usually has some tension pulling at the anchor from the boat bobbing or just slightly drifting etc.This is how one of my WestCoast fishing buddies explained this too me.
    I've done both ,and it definetely works better with a short lenght of chain involved.

My vote goes to the slide anchor. Hooks up every time even if the wind switches direcections it flips over and holds in grass, gravel, rocks, and sand. No chain needed, galvanized so it doen't rust, and folds flat for super easy storage.

http://www.slideanchor.com/

PWI as usual...

Default Ouch

Have you watch the video for that Box anchor?

That would kill to step on!! Granted you should know there is an anchor down there when you see a line running into the watch. But a bad judgement of its underwater position could be painful.

Im sticking with the danforth.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeber View Post
    Have you watch the video for that Box anchor?

That would kill to step on!! Granted you should know there is an anchor down there when you see a line running into the watch. But a bad judgement of its underwater position could be painful.

Im sticking with the danforth.
    How could that happen? What would you be doing trying to walk around in 20-40' feet of water anyway?

I've never anchored in a depth where that could even remotely happen and when anchored for the night the boat is nose out with the anchor in deep water with a shore line from the stern.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    How could that happen? What would you be doing trying to walk around in 20-40' feet of water anyway?

I've never anchored in a depth where that could even remotely happen and when anchored for the night the boat is nose out with the anchor in deep water with a shore line from the stern.
    Seems our boating experiences are different. I regularly anchor in 2-3ft of water, never beach the boat.

Im sure everyone has different uses for anchors and different achoring methods.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    My vote goes to the slide anchor. Hooks up every time even if the wind switches direcections it flips over and holds in grass, gravel, rocks, and sand. No chain needed, galvanized so it doen't rust, and folds flat for super easy storage.

http://www.slideanchor.com/
    Anybody using the shore-spike? Seems a little pricey but looks handy and fast to put in and take out?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet