Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default sprinkler valve help

so i am upgrading my ballast system from g1 to g3. I dont know how well this will work tell me what you think. I will tap into the water intake for the front bag right in front of the pump. I will be putting a rule 800gph pump to fill the back sacs and another to empty them. Do i need to use another sprinkler valve on it? or will the pump be fine.

It is on an XLV

There are better ways to go other than the sprinkler valves, and i'll let those that have done it expand on that. But.. if your determined to stay with stock type valves then you'll need to add a valve for each bag via a manifold system. They each need a seperate valve for the switches for one, also with just one valve you'd seriously inhibit the fill rate of the bags which are already slow enough as it is.
    2007 Mobius LSV

why do i need manifolds? why can i not go straight from the pump to the bag?

Lots of ways to do it. Do some searches to see what others have done and it will help you understand your options and what each of the components do. Since you are buying new parts, I wouldn't mess with the sprinkler valves. Personally I would add one switch, fill pump, vented loop, and drain pump for each bag.

Quote Originally Posted by rjgaumer View Post
    If you have only one intake then you need a manifold to divide the water to each pump or bag. If you have 3 bags and 3 intakes then you can go directly to each bag but you should add a manual shutoff.

Lust like You da Man said. With one pump, you need this manifold with three sprinkler valves. Each valve will be connected to each bag. Then you will need three exit pumps. One for each bag.

You will need the valve because they will operate the flow of water in your bags. The pumps do not have a way to stop the flow of water especially if you are using scuppers. If no sprinkler valves are use, while under way, the bags will fill by them selves. Believe me. I happened to me when I was experimenting with my system. Now, I got rid of the valves because of the fill time. I have three 1200 gph Tsunami pumps and Three vented loops. My system is plumbed just like the Malibu boats. My fill time is tons faster, and I do not have water filling by itself. I love my system and would not change anything. Well maybe, i will be changing out my 400lb bags for 550lb bags in the rear. Also, I had to drill two extra holes in the hull to accommodate the new intake for the new pumps. Lots of people do not like this process. to be totally honest, I did not want to do this either. I bought the right bit at Home Depot and it was very easy. It was like a hot knife through butter.

The only way to get away from the valves it to go with a Jabsco pump. They have an internal valve that stops water flow. Also, they are reversible. You will still need three pumps for the three bags. Now the Jabsco pumps a fairly expensive. Not sure what your budget is. I hope that we have given you a little insite on what you would like to do. Please ask. Alot of us have done what you wanted and we all asked the same questions.
    Tazz

HERE IS THE VENTED LOOP PICTURE

ONE OF THE THREE NEW PUMPS
    Last edited by tazz3069; 02-21-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

MODIFIED SCUPPERS. I REMOVED THE CUP.

hOLE IN BOTTOM OF HULL

Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

NEW BALL VALVE

wow that was some great info guys thanks!! couple more questions.. i will be using tsunami 1200's from the pump, what all will i need to connect to the fly high bag?

thanks

wow that was some great info guys thanks!! couple more questions.. i will be using tsunami 1200's from the pump, what all will i need to connect to the fly high bag?

thanks
    Make sure you get the fitting for the pump. The 1200 has a weird size ends. You can not buy this from home depot. I would ask from where ever you buy the pump, that you get the right connectors.

Here is a link for the bag and hose connectors
    http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-fittings

Here is the link for the pump connectors. They also have the pumps.
    http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/c...and%20fittings