Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who steals a swim platform? Honestly, Com'on now, seams a little ridiculous to me. So the perpetrators had the time to steal the speakers out of the cans, from the interior, and still went for the swim platform. With all that time they could of just pulled up a truck and took the whole thing. Would've been easier, don't ya think? Guess that's why I'm not a thief.

Sorry about my little rant. On the positive side, you ended up with a great boat at an awesome price!

Welcome, glad to have you join.
    Last edited by 2007 Outback V; 02-25-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Thank you, glad to be here.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have stolen the tires and wheels and engine. What could they possibly do with a swim platform for a 04 LSV?

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

People do crazy things sometimes. Maybe he was going to get the boat repo'd or something. I bolted my swim platform in place. I never leave it in a place where it can get stolen anyway.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

I think you have it backward. If it's a repo it may have been recovered in the middle of the night. They grab the boat and whatever is in it or on it is what you get. I take my platform off every time I put it in the garage. So, now you know where to look for it. You could find out the owner's name and see if he'll sell it to you real cheap (or trade it for a 24pk of Yeungling). He's got no use for it now.
    [EDIT: I may have mixed this one up with another one- looking back I don't think this one was a repo but one of the other guys on here grabbed a repo recently.]
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-26-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: my mistake
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Now lets think about this honestly.

If the bank came to Repo your boat and they got the boat wihtout a platform do you think the owner was willinly giving the boat back? I doubt it.

I had my truck Repoed back in 98 when i got with the wrong woman LOL.

Everyone used to say and some still think that when they come to repo your vechicle that all they do is take it, then put a realy negative mark on your credit record and its over.

Well let me tell you this isnt so true now a days.

They take the repo, they frankly dont care what shape its in, as long as its running and legal to registar. Next they auction the vechicle and take what ever price they get.

This is where it starts to realy hurt.

After the auction the balance between what you owe and the AH price was you are then sued and its not even a court case you can fight. A collection agency will call you, tell you how much you owe.

Charges.

Towing fee several hundred.
    Storage fees till the AH several hundred
    AH fees several hunderd 6% of what the car sold for generaly.

Any damages or missing parts to the car? You pay those too so they can AH it.

Lastly the Financer sues you in a closed court and you pay court costs.

Exp.

My 99 Dodge Dakota Booked at 18 i owed 17
    AH sold it for 10K
    All charges for the Repo 2K

I was sued for 9K and then my wages were garnished to ensure i would pay it.

This was my first ever Repo. Never again will i let them get my truck and i even turned it in willing as i knew i couldnt afford it after my new woman LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    More pics of the boat!
    Hey, Moseley - Nice boat. It will give you hours of fun on the water. Regarding the setup, I'm not a big fan of powder coated towers, but.....in your case I really like the black tower. Very nice look. I have a black and red hull, so seeing your setup makes me wonder how my boat would look with a red tower to match. Just bought a barefoot boom. Next purchase will be something like perfect pass. So, a powder coated tower would have to wait anyway. Welcome to the Moomba family. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Thanks Deerfield I really like the tower. I bet it would look sweet on your boat. Powder coating is really pretty cheap. I am redoing a 69 Camaro also and had the sub-frame and rear end powder coated and it was only like $400 for both. I bet you could get a tower done for $250 or so. I would do black though I have seen some with red towers and they don't look great.

I got a quote for a new swim platform with pad and mounting hardware for $835 plus $120 for shipping. Does this sound right?

Not sure if it sounds right but drop the pad and get the Sea Deck pad you will be much happier.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What is Sea Deck? Is it an option from the factory.

If you google seadek you can see what they mean, its an aftermarket pad...I guess they will do custom designs on it they also have some moomba logo's made too....