Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sweet thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

Seadek looks really nice. I think I may order my platform with no, what ever they put on, and get the Seadek. Does anyone know if you can get black on top and gray or yellow under. I did not see that option. Did I mention I love this site. Great guys on here and the best boats.

moseley - nice find you got! I like the black tower on your boat alot.

follow this thread for a sea dek pad

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=seadek

I bought one last season and think it's one of the best upgrades you can do to your boat. I bought one this season for my friends new 2010 XLV that should be arriving in the next few weeks. I'd switch your color choices though and go with a storm gray pad with a black logo (moomba or roo).

In that thread is the number for Chuck Yates. He is great to work with and might be willing to let you in on the group buy at the discounted price.

Do they just stick down with adhesive?

Yes they are completly self sustained. Its like a huge sticker.

To install it you make sure the swim platfrom is completely free of any oils and cleaning agents of the such. Then you lay the pad down, Do Not Pull the non stick protective backing off at this point.

Then you use blue painters tape and tape 1 side of it into place, this way you can lift it like a lid.

When you have it peftectly aligned how you want it. Slowly peel the protective backing off, slowly as it can tear and its a real pain to get it started sometimes.

After you peel a foot or so off you can begin to lay the now sticky pad on the platform. Do this untill the whole pad is in place.

The reason for the pretape and making sure its aligned is because once that sticky pad touched the fiberglass platform, you will not be able to remove and fix it with out damaging the pad.

Realy simple to install just make sure its aligned.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That sounds easy. What do you guys think of the alpine amp that is 5 channel 4 for the tower and boat speakers and 1 for the sub. The amp is tiny like 10" x 10" x 3" it should be easy to get out of the way but plenty expensive.

How many watts does the 5-channel Alpine amp have that you are considering? We run a Precision 5-Channel AMP that runs everything…6-boat speakers, 1-12” sub, and the 4-tower speakers with no issues excerpt one. It will tend to overheat in the hot Texas summers while beached and jammin’.

Let’s see some photos of your boat without the cover! I like the colors!!!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

I think the Alpine has 900 watts but I went with the Kicker 700.5 it was much cheaper. I will try and get some pics after I wake her from her slumber. I will take it to get the 100hr service done in the next couple of weeks so I will do it then.

We’ve run Kicker amps before, but had issues with them running the batteries down! Only one or two songs without the engine running, and the battery would e toast! We ended up going with this “Precision” amp, because it doesn’t use much juice from the battery if you have the volume at normal levels, but it will progressively take more juice as you increase volume. Pretty cool, but very expensive. I think we got it for around $800-900, and it’s around 1,500 watts. Plenty! Might look into something like that?
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Well, I hope I don't have that problem. If so then I will check out that amp, I don't really care how much stuff costs as long as it works properly and I don't have to replace it all the time. I have never had the boat on the water so I am sure I will fine plenty of stuff to upgrade.