Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well so far you've saved 190 off the 960.......is your frown turning upside down yet.....i'm thinkin you can do aliitle better

looks like myself and mikey are paying between $9.50 -10.47 per 1000 of coverage
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

dru , find out who mikey uses , he is your neck of the woods......looks like 600 is what you should expect on 57k
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I ended up just going through my home and vehicle company. They were best at 660.00 with 1000 deductable

thats not unreasonable , its good to have it covered
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

I just dug out my ploicy and i was off by a little . I pay 484.00 per year with 500 deduct etc with 34k value. Sorry i got mixed up. Its through Premier Marine. You could pm if you like but it sounds like it may be too late. for more info .Sorry.

Sled491 Guest

Motor for you boat if it is the 325 Fuely is around 6000K US

$540 including tax. 06 LSV 2 million liability - $51k replacment

When the boat ws new I paid $800. It's been coming down each year.

Try Marine Experts 1-877-627-4633

Default Insurance

Hey guys... I deal with insurance and have used Premier Marine Beacan, Aviva (Elite) and compared State Farm in depth. Don't let price fool you. The saying you get what you pay for is true. Probably the best "coverage" out there is Beacon. They are also probably one of the most expensive. The most important thing to consider is the basis of claim settlement in the event of a total loss as partial losses are pretty much all the same. With Beacon, they insure your boat for an agreed value. Lets say $50K. In the event of a total loss, they cut you a cheque for $50K (minus any deductible). There are no conditions for payment like the other carriers who say they will give you $50K towards the purchase of a new boat, and if you do not want a new boat, then they will give you ACV instead. Bottom line is read the fine print. I have and will say Beacon is where I placed my insurance: $43K on boat, $5K on trailer, $2.5K for contents and $2 million Liab for $760.00Can/Year. State Farm was $400.00/year, but they do not offer true "agreed value" coverage. There are other coverage too that differs between companies... Another big one, is the Liability offered by Beacon follows you if you drive someone else's boat. If you kill someone while driving someone else's boat & they do not have insurance or not enough insurance, then your policy will kick in and cover the difference. Most of the other policies do not cover this. Another difference is with Tarps/Covers. Some companies only offer ACV where some offer RC (replacement cost) for 3 or 5 years + newer. Remember, price is not always the end all be all. True its important to consider what you get for the money, but in the end, you really need to shop around, and get/read the wordings. They are only about 4-8 pages long (and out of that, only 2-4 pages are key - The rest is standard exclusions like war etc...). For me as an insurance broker, I would rather spend an extra $200.00 and get better coverage that could save me thousands in the event of a claim. At the end of the day, its what you feel comfortable with... What are you willing to bet?