Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thanks guys. Yes Drew, it's definitely farther forward than yours. I can probably go back a little but the speakers would end up hitting the ribs and pushing the bimini even lower. We can get shade and just move with Ben as the shade moves. It's been a struggle getting on the boat with Ben, he is still a little guy and hates wearing his vest...but we still manage to have some fun, he really likes the water.

I'll post some pics, not sure which group would be most appropriate.
    2008 Outback V

Looks Great Bob! Yeah, the speakers can be an issue. I ended up not mounting my tower speakers so I could mount the bimini up higher for more headroom, but I am thinking about mounting them and lowering the bimini... easy enough to do with the clamps, no new holes to drill if I decide to mount teh tower speakers... or I could mount the speakers on top am have the Mickey Mouse profile thing goin on
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

KSmith, thanks, yeah, having the clamps gives you tons of flexibility. I don't mind where the bimini is on our boat...and actually seem to hit it with our heads less than the speakers by themselves which somebody always seemed to nail.
    2008 Outback V

Good point Bob about hitting the speakers with ones head, done that before LOL, I guess one is less likely to hit ones head on the bimini as it is in sight more so that the speakers...

I really would like to mount the four speakers I bought for the tower (Polks with Aerial double bullet cans) but I do really like the height of the bimini currently as it allows me to spin my fully loaded Roswell board racks all the way into the boat. When I had the Monster Tower Cargo bimini mounted lower, or the stock bimini, the swivel racks would hit the bimini so they only spun in about half way...

Seems I just can't make everything work together the way I would like it, sacrifices must be made... UNLESS... Hmm... perhaps I could talk the wife into a Supra 22 Launch... right about the same time I win the Lotto LOL...

Oh well... I do always have the Mickey Mouse option I suppose...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

After seeing the tower/speaker pic thread, I stay away from the Mickey Mouse look...better for the bimini and head clearance but aesthetically challenged.
    2008 Outback V