Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Monster Tower Cargo Rack Install

I bought this towards the end of last season and tried to get it installed but ran out of time as we spent as much time as possible on the water playing. I keep my boat at my lake home, so working on the boat during the week isn't an option. Anyway, I started taking pics of the project and have posted below so you all can see how well it's made. There are also some pics of an installed Cargo Rack that I took at the Monster showroom.

I will update as I get this installed sometime next month when I put the boat back in the water.

shipping box

packed nice

good directions

parts

getting frame together

close up of frame connector

frame with cross members that keep canvas goes over

installed rack at Monster showroom

more shots of installed rack at Monster showroom

close ups of attachment point. you "pop" these out of the brackets to allow the back of the rack to pivot down so you can access whatever you have stored on the top. The front pivots are the same in design and can also easily be removed from the brackets so you can take the bimini off easily when towing or storing. I plan to remove mine and store under the cover when not in use to prevent squirrels from chewing on the canvas.

Drew, I know you really dont want to dill into the tower for the mounts--what about clamps? I think you could use some speaker clamps and drill the clamps so the mounts would be bolted to the clamps.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I thought about that too! But, I think volfo may have talked some sense into me b/c if I decide to get a new boat (had to check to make sure wife wasn't around when I typed that ) it would be the XLV and I'd probably just order it with the Z5. I'm thinking that taking the Cargo rack with me to the new boat really isn't going to happen. I mean who wants a brnad new, shiny Moomba with an old top?

So, I think I'm going be drillin'!

Drew, thinking about is just the start, that thought wont go away-trust me i know
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks very much for this report. This is the rack that I would like to get for my XLV. Hopefully I'll be able to fit the larger size.

Does the rack include a weight-carrying specification?

Also, do you think that it's actually safe to carry a board with no boots? I wonder if a net or something might be needed. I've got more boards than boots, and almost lost a board in from the racks once.

MrsZ Guest

Wolfeman, that Z-Cargo looks awesome. I KNOW you will love it. Do you need me to take pics of how ours (stock) is mounted?

MrsZ Guest

Ian, I am thinking that Wolfeman just wanted to SEE something in his Z-Cargo. He wont be travelling that way.

You shouldn't have a problem getting the larger size on your XLV as I bought the larger for my '08 Outback V.

I don't recall a weight spec in the installation directions but will check when back at the lake or you can call Colton at Monster.

Being safe for boards with no boots might depend on how you drive, but I think you'd be OK. There are 2 bungie cords that run across the top for securing boards, skis, etc. and a removable "spider" that you use to secure tubes. This spider is an X shaped piece of neoprene with 4 bungie cords that run to the corners of the rack.