Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I bought the larger one.

Still thinking about getting one of these. I have to fold my tower down/up every outing to store in my garage. Anybody using it that has to remove for storage on a repeated basis? Is it a PITA?

Also tow everywhere so I realize I'd need to remove the fabric every time to tow if it won't fit in the bed of my truck.

Might be more work than it's worth?
    I need a shop with large overhead door

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

when people say the large one do they mean the medium? as the only choice is small and medium..

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post

Same here, hate haveing to lower and raise that tower. I dont even use it other than for the racks for board storage when on the lake
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

That's what I was thinking. Of course, he doesn't really need it. You can pop up on a surf board using the pylon. I don't mind putting the tower up on the LSV. It is way easier than raising the aftermarket tower was on my O/B. That was a PITA. The bimini was even worse.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I think Daze needs to get little D wakeboarding so he uses that tower. Go D Go!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Come on, Ed. ETIQUETTE!! Don't you know you are only supposed to pee off the NON-surf side when someone is surfing?
    Last edited by kaneboats; 11-11-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Still thinking about getting one of these. I have to fold my tower down/up every outing to store in my garage. Anybody using it that has to remove for storage on a repeated basis? Is it a PITA?

Also tow everywhere so I realize I'd need to remove the fabric every time to tow if it won't fit in the bed of my truck.

Might be more work than it's worth?
    Nope, not more work than it's worth IMO. I love this thing. I put mine on/pull it off every weekend at the lake as I don't want the dang squirrels to eat chew it like they did my OEM bimini.

To remove, you simple push in the spring loaded buttons on the 4 clamps/attach pioints and rotate so that you can "pop" it off. I drop mine into the cockpit area and throw the cover over to keep it safe & sound.

I think you could tow without having to remove the cover, but if you wanted to remove it, I don't think it's as difficult as the Z5 biminis. The cover has a rope w/ ratchets around the perimeter and velco to keep in on the frame. While I haven't removed mine, I think it would be as simple as loosening up the rope, pulling apart the velcro and taking it off the frame.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    when people say the large one do they mean the medium? as the only choice is small and medium..
    Medium is what you want.

I believe that when I bought mine, the choices were Medium and Large and my guess is that they plan to release an even larger model for the 24 ft boats, so they moved the size designations down.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Same here, hate haveing to lower and raise that tower. I dont even use it other than for the racks for board storage when on the lake
    It holds your speakers. Oh wait, have I ever been in your boat with the stereo on?

I know I've heard Kane's blaring across the lake. So have my daughters. I had to try and explain a lot to them after hours of subjection to 80's hair band rock. I think we got through the review of AC/DC's "Big Balls" rather well.