Default Tower Mirror on ebay - lasdirect2u

Anybody bought one of these off the ebay store?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Tower-...item1c0ac73f03

I've been watching and you can bid and pick one of these up for about $70. Seems like a savings of $100-150 and didn't know if they are junk or decent?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

bought mine off ebay, not the same one, but the quality of the bracket is the same as the dealers. only downside was the mirror doesn't hold it's position very well. haven't found the time to fix it, but for the price, much better than the 2bills the dealer wanted

I'd go for it if you want one..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

viking,

I bought a similar mirror arm for my last boat which had a monstertower tower on it. I couldn't get the mirror to sit level. The problem is that this style arm only adjust along one plane and depending on your tower, it may or may not work - it's hit or miss. It could very well work fine on your tower but it didn't on a monster tower. Also, it's designed to be an exact fit on the tower (no room for spacers) so it scratched my tower as well.

I ended up buying monstertower.com's mirror arm as it rotates about two axis' so I am able to position the mirror exactly were I want it. Plus, it's got a quick release so I take it off when towing. It's rock solid, very high quality, and comes with high quality plastic inserts so it won't scratch the tower.

It was only about $125 when I bought mine but I see that they've gone up since then. Below is a pic of it on my boat.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab,
    Thanks for the info. That's kinda what I was afraid of. Was wondering what happens to it when in tow as well? I think I'll start shopping for a mirror with quick disconnect.

I'm in need of 1-5/8 speaker clamps too (seperate thread) and finding "exact fit" ones on ebay and thinking they'll do the same thing.

Has anyone bought bigger clamps for mirror or speakers. Like in my case I could go with 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 and then use some rubber spacers to protect the tower? Wondering if it would get tight enough?

The original clamps are Roswell and have the plastic inserts. I've emailed them to find options for getting the factory clamps?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Cab,
    Thanks for the info. That's kinda what I was afraid of. Was wondering what happens to it when in tow as well? I think I'll start shopping for a mirror with quick disconnect.

I'm in need of 1-5/8 speaker clamps too (seperate thread) and finding "exact fit" ones on ebay and thinking they'll do the same thing.

Has anyone bought bigger clamps for mirror or speakers. Like in my case I could go with 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 and then use some rubber spacers to protect the tower? Wondering if it would get tight enough?

The original clamps are Roswell and have the plastic inserts. I've emailed them to find options for getting the factory clamps?
    Contact Roswell for the Inserts to the factory Clamps. I did that when I bought the one set off on outback owner and they sent me a set for free.