Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default apperance package after the fact

Anybody add the stainless rub rail and docking lights after buying your boat. I allready have the cleats and really like the look of the stainless rubrail and lights--is this something I can do myself or does a dealer need to do--how much$?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The lights could be a DIY project so long as you're ok cutting big holes in the hull! http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...w&i=23383&aID=

The rub rail takes hundreds of screws but aside from that I would think the only issue would be keeping it perfectly straight. I was looking at a used boat that would need a new rub rail and I believe my quote was around $800 installed.

Most of that cost is installation. I'll bet its not that all that expensive for the kit. But time consuming. I do know the stainless part is not one peice. Mine is about 6 different peices. Wish you lived closer, I'd love to help you, that would be fun.

PWI as usual...

These are the same lights SC installs for docking and are easy to install so they say. Just looked at mine and ther are identical, they come in stainless polished, black or white and are probably alot cheaper at $170 than buying through the dealer or other online stores.

Innovative Lighting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'd say do the layout first THEN knock back a couple shots of tequila to get up your nerve to start cutting -- not the other way around.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have the docking lights and they are ok, but not nearly as bright as I expected. People in the boat often comment that they aren't as bright as they look like they'd be. While driving at night, they don't really do much at all. I'd look at other options out there if I was installing from scratch.

What you have to realize is that they are not meant for night cruising, in fact in many states it's illegal to do so with them on. They do however work perfect for the intended purpose, docking.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Get this fellow to install your rub rail. He's pretty good. Here he is practicing on my boat...

I think he used to be in my sister's band.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    What you have to realize is that they are not meant for night cruising, in fact in many states it's illegal to do so with them on. They do however work perfect for the intended purpose, docking.

Same here. I am usually on the water until way after dark. As you can tell, I have a few reasons to stay on the water after dark. The lights are crap for trying to drive across the lake, but help great to see your trailer when loading up at night on a dark ramp.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Most of that cost is installation. I'll bet its not that all that expensive for the kit. But time consuming. I do know the stainless part is not one peice. Mine is about 6 different peices. Wish you lived closer, I'd love to help you, that would be fun.

Come on down---anytime soooooooon
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart