Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Reason im thinking about these 2 upgrades is i really dont like the rubber rub rail--just looks cheap to me. Docking lights just look nice-I know there not the best but I feel they really dress the front up.

Found a video on youtube for installing a rub rail-was the regular rubber version but actually looks pretty easy. Lots of drilling and putting screws in.

Ed, you dont mind me taking yours apart just a little to see how its done do ya???
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thumbs up

I have to agree with ed, I seen your boat in your pics in the past, it looks really good and smart, maybe a nice light and speaker tower would trick it out a bit. I really like that blue

I've been contemplating getting the StarGazer Wake Edition but can't decide between that or the traditional paddle wheel. I like the idea of the easy install and no drilling.
    Last edited by ausbill32; 02-17-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    2007 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post

That's one upgrade you keep putting off - and it's one you would enjoy the most and one that would add the most resale value to your boat.

You could get hooked up for under $500

Ya know I should get it, That is a great price, except for the fact the two other drivers for me are dang good. They dont even use the Moomba cruise.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I agree with Razz, not for driving, helps with docking immensley at night.

An easier install would be forward looking tower lights than cutting that odd oval shape in the hull under the rub rail
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ed where can you get it for under $500?

Sled491 Guest

I have the apperance package and have used the lights once for driving onto the lift at night. Was wild especially at my place as the water is so clear and the bottom is typical sand, looked really cool and the lights did just what they are supposed to...help me dock, they are not head lights they are docking lights.

As for the rub rail, I would not go with anything else but the stainless, but Ed is correct the screws will chew up whatever they hit, the Port side of my lift proves this

Had viper put a stainless rub rail on my boat and he has ordered them for several people on the supra forum and I think stainless is the only way to go

can someone post some photos of there stainless rubrail, front sides and rear, and show where the sections joined.

Thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Sled491 Guest

I'll try tonight, mine is in the garage right here at home