Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bimini's

Default Bimini's

Let's compile a nice list of places where aftermarket bimini's can be purchased. Bimini's that are both reasonably priced and solid quality. All of you who have had a good experience with a particular place/brand, please do share. Pics would be great too.

Oh yeah, did I mention I am in the market for a bimini for my outback.

Z-5 is the best quality, styling, and functionality but it's by far the most expensive. Lots of people like the cargo rack by Monster

I really like my bimini. It snaps to the back of the tower and folds out over the driver. The best thing about it is that it is above the tower so you do not cut down on your head room. I already have an issue hitting my head on my tower speakers so i did not want anything lower. I only have one pic that I could find right now with my bimini out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Custom bimini from Tower Biminis, without a doubt the best non-cargo bimini money can buy. All aluminum billet hardware, Sunbrella Marine fabric, strapless design, unlimited color and design possibilities. Email me for more info if interested.

Tower Biminis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have the monster cargo rack. I love it.

My only two negative comments on it are that (1) because I have an aftermarket MT2 monster tower on my OB LS, I had to get the smaller of the two sizes, and the bigger one would be nicer and (2) you have to drill into the tower to install it.

All in all, very sturdy, very handy, relatively easy to install and a much better price than the Z5. In fact, if (or should I say when?) I upgrade my boat in a couple of years, if I can't find a good used one a couple 2 or 3 years old, and I have to order a new boat, I will probably order an LSV without a bimini and buy the bigger version of the monster cargo rack. It's plenty sturdy enough, the design is good, looks great, and it appears to be about 1/3 the cost of the Z5. What more could you want?

Assuming you have either a factory moomba tower or most aftermarket towers, I think it should fit. If you have a 'bu, tique or tige with the fancier new towers it might not be an option.

Jester, was that custom or factory for the 2008 OBV. the 07 hangs below the tower. i wish i had the taller one.

thx
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

i've been looking at the monster cargo rack ... i have a 2007 LSV. i'm not sure of the measurements and what size i need as my boat is not local. does anyone know which one i would need to go with? or anyone else out there that has a 2007 lsv that can take a quick measurement ... appreciate it.

http://www.monstertower.com/Home/Mea...6/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    I have the monster cargo rack. I love it.

My only two negative comments on it are that (1) because I have an aftermarket MT2 monster tower on my OB LS, I had to get the smaller of the two sizes, and the bigger one would be nicer and (2) you have to drill into the tower to install it.

All in all, very sturdy, very handy, relatively easy to install and a much better price than the Z5. In fact, if (or should I say when?) I upgrade my boat in a couple of years, if I can't find a good used one a couple 2 or 3 years old, and I have to order a new boat, I will probably order an LSV without a bimini and buy the bigger version of the monster cargo rack. It's plenty sturdy enough, the design is good, looks great, and it appears to be about 1/3 the cost of the Z5. What more could you want?

Assuming you have either a factory moomba tower or most aftermarket towers, I think it should fit. If you have a 'bu, tique or tige with the fancier new towers it might not be an option.

meech - the large one will fit your boat. I installed the large on my '08 OBV.

here is a link to the thread i posted detailing the install

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=monster

jmvotto, Yes it is a custom bimini that the my dealer got from a local company. I will see if the name of the company is on the Bimini tomorrow and pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Jester, was that custom or factory for the 2008 OBV. the 07 hangs below the tower. i wish i had the taller one.

thx
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

thanks wolfeman ... i had your thread saved, but just wasn't sure on the size i needed. thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    meech - the large one will fit your boat. I installed the large on my '08 OBV.

here is a link to the thread i posted detailing the install

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=monster