Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    Just run 1 wire off the switch all the way around the boat and use one of these for each light. Also do the same for the ground.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093
    Ok...the way that connector looks the two wires from the LED go in one side and the wire from the switch goes in the other. Where does the wire go to "jump" to the next LED?

one wire goes all the way through, and one wire goes to the led.. in the pic, the black wire would be coming from the switch and pass through 10 of these connectors (one for each led).. the red wire would run to the LED. you would have 1 set of these for the + and one for the -.

wiring diagram would look something like this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Parallel_circuit.svg

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    Just run 1 wire off the switch all the way around the boat and use one of these for each light. Also do the same for the ground.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093
    I would not use those for marine installation. I cut the wires, re-spliced, and heat shrank all of my connections for fear of moisture entering the wire and oxodizing/corroding the copper in the wire. I'm sure using those won't cause any trouble short-term, but I'd hate to do something now that I (or a future owner) will regret in 10 years.
    2013 Outback V

Save some time & effort and get a superior connectoin buy using heat activated sealing connectors. Once sealed they are completely waterproof. Motorcycle mfgrs have been using them for years, I use them on anything that might get wet. krimpa-seal/ is just one maker, 3M is another and supplies Harley-Davidson. Genuinedealz on eBay is another good supplier for these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

These are grainy/poor cell phone photos(forgot my camera) but should give you some idea of the oznium lights in my cupholders. I think having some water bottles with no labels on them will spread the light out even more.

Another...

Quote Originally Posted by CDAMoomba View Post
    Hey how did those High-Intensity LED flood lights work from oznium.com work under your swim platform? We just started to mess around with LED's on our 07' outback v. If they are that cheap, why not. Im not putting my boat in a show just want to have some accent and maybe a little light for swimming. Let me know.
    I never installed them under the swim platform, but I did test them out one evening. The spots project about 5' into pretty merky water, I was pretty impressed by them. They are certainly not as bring as the Abyss or similar transom lights, but they did work fairly well.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I never installed them under the swim platform, but I did test them out one evening. The spots project about 5' into pretty merky water, I was pretty impressed by them. They are certainly not as bring as the Abyss or similar transom lights, but they did work fairly well.
    Where did you place them to see them project 5 feet into the water? Just over the side of the boat?

Just curious because I am thinking of adding either the spots or the silicone strips to install under my swim platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytik View Post
    Where did you place them to see them project 5 feet into the water? Just over the side of the boat?

Just curious because I am thinking of adding either the spots or the silicone strips to install under my swim platform.
    Yea, I just held them over the side, about 6-8" below the surface. I think they might work best if you made a bracket or something to mount them towards the end of the platform, rather than on the transom itself.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Appleknocker View Post
    I was listening to the radio while hooking up the new lights that I purchased from oznium. I noticed when I put power to the lights the radio reception cut out. I wonder if its a result of running the power wire to close to the antenna or if while the flood lights are powered they cause interference.

Just wondering if any one else has the same trouble.

The lights look great by the way.
    Do you have a dedicated switch for the lights or are you running them through something else? It could just be power interference and a simple re-routing of your wires should fix it. If its wired to a switch that also has power from the radio this could cause interference.

debating the abysslite S600-B lites.. but as I stare at my transom cannot determine where is the best spot fo them... they seem to have a mounting bracket that will allow you to get away from the 1/8 half in bore in the gel coat, thus just allowing you to mount with the 3 screw holes and a small through hole in the transom.

I see a few issues. the bracket mount for the swim platform...
    thus shading or blocking light toward the inside. and just how high or low to mount... anyone have any images of how theirs are mounted. as far as I know i have only seen one post of of a pair being done?

Any suggestions would be great.