Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd like to preface this with a warning - my boat is very dirty, I need to give it some love! I have it in my garage, which is apparantly pretty dusty/dirty.

I spent some time in the garage and installed these into my cup holders. It was super easy, and they look awesome. I wired them to turn on with the courtesy lights, which is how I have the rest of my LED's wired as well.

This is what they look like in place, not turned on.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Are those the lights you had a picture of you holding on the first page? Those fit really nice in there. Nice job! I'm going to have to order some of those if thats the case.

Staight Pimpin!!
    NOPE! These are the 'super flux 4 chip LED's' in the link that I posted. The ones on the first page are much much larger; about 1.5-2" of so diameter, these are more like 1/8-1/4"

Link to these LEDs:
    http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-floodlight
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    http://www.oznium.com/product_photos/large/2860.jpg

Is this what you have in your cup holders?

Yes, exactly those. They are incredibly bright inspite of their small size.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I think I have 10 cup holders 07 OBv. this may solve the additional interior lighting i was thinking of adding.

Ian did you have to drill a larger Hole?
    Did you mount from the bottom with adhesive or pull from the top?

Will the cup holder stiller drain or do you need an additional drain holder form those foamy beverages?

great job
    I dropped the lights through the top, I didn't have to drill out the hole to make it larger. I put a piece of heat shrink tubing around the wires and zip tied it on the bottom of the cup holder, I did this for 2 reasons: 1-to protect the wires from chaffing on the bare metal of cupholder, 2-to secure the LEDs inplace. I did't glue them, so they have a bit of movement; the thought is that this will allow them to still drain properly, although I didn't 'test' it.

I'll try to snap some 'bottom' side pics of how I did it to give you a better idea.
    2013 Outback V

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Talking Abyss Lites

I'll post some on the water pictures as soon as I take some.

a14.jpg
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

These are my Abyss Lites I had put in. The water is really dirty on this lake so they can't be seen really well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Newty, these Abyss lites are $220 each. I put two back there. They have other ones that cost a bit more. If you want to see them all just go to Abysslite.com and the prices are on the site. Now the cost of having someone else put them in for you is another thing. Labor cost is where you will have to pay the most. I didn't want to have to use my off time working on my boat. I want to play in it so I had the guys at Earmark Marine in Lewisville, Texas put them in. They did all my LED work ... other then the dash lights. I did those myself.

Nothing wrong with that. The things that I can do myself I do, but if it's going to take three or more days to do it and I'll need another set of hands ... then I just pay to have it done. I work most of the month and when I'm home I don't want to spend 3 days of my week off working on my boat. Plus, these other guys make a living off of people like me bringing work to them. So if I can help them out by having them do it then I try and help when and how I can. I started a new thread for LED Upgrades. I put the prices for the items and link to find them. Check it out.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7621

I'm not sure about that. I'll have a look at mine and see what they did with the ones they added.

Just run 1 wire off the switch all the way around the boat and use one of these for each light. Also do the same for the ground.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093