Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Marine LED's - I'm doing a test...

On Sunday I placed an order with www.oznium.com - Being that my boat isn't in the water yet I'm going a little stir crazy and needed a project to keep me from going mental - So I'm going to mess around with a few different set-ups to see if I can concoct a 'budget' transom LED set-up. I figured even if what I ordered doesn't work for underwater I'll have some LEDs to tinker with inside the boat.

So I ordered 1 of these:

High Intensity Spot Light ($17)

1 of these:

High Intensity Flood Light ($17)

and 5 of these:

SuperFlux 4-Chip LED ($3 ea)

I have a feeling I'm going to be ordered a bunch more of the SuperFlux, as a lot of people have used them to illuminate cup holders/beverages, and I think that looks cool.

So, I'm going to see how bring each of the High Intensity lights really are - I think it might be cool to run 4 seperate lights under the transom; 2 flood, and 2 spot to get a really good mix of coverage.

I ordered on Sunday and my shipment arrived today, so far I'm very impressed with the product, packaging and prompt shipping. I'll post some actual pics tonight of what I've got, and how they look - perhaps even some 'bathtub' tests! haha.
    2013 Outback V

I'm sure these aren't as bright as the Abyss or Bullet Lines LEDs, I'm basically just looking for something to tinker with - I'll probably end up buying Abyss any and using these for something else, unless they completely blow me away with their performance, in which case - SCORE!
    2013 Outback V

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Default Abyss Lites

I'm having two Abyss lights placed under my swim deck right now. I'll post pictures when it's all done to give you an idea how they look without any photo shop done to the pictures. Now, the cost is another story! But ... It's not really something I want to get wrong and jack up my boat.

As I expected, I don't think the smaller LEDs will be bright enough to mount underwater, but they are definately perfect for the cupholder installation.

Here are some pics of the underwater lights - they are incredibly bright, I think I'll be ordering 4 more to install across the transom.

Flood light in the tub;

Spot light in the tub;

Yes, I have goldfish stickers in my bathtub - they were left over from the previous owner, and I never peeled 'em up, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Both lights out of the water;

I'm going to try to get to the lake this weekend around dusk to see what they look like in the open water.
    2013 Outback V

It is really hard to photograph LEDs to show how bright they are.

The spot light is exactly that - I aimed it at a wall ~30 feet away it lit up the entire wall, these things are a lot brighter than I expected.

The flood light has a huge range, basically lights up an entire room.

I'm definately thinking a combination of 3 and 3 of each of these across the back of the boat will look awesome.
    2013 Outback V

Here's a water shot of the spots, can't say how many are on the boats though but i'd guess 6. Floods would def be better imo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Here's a water shot of the spots, can't say how many are on the boats though but i'd guess 6. Floods would def be better imo.

I think the spots will be better in this application because they project. The beam is so wide on the floods I'm not sure that it would illuminate the water past the platform, but I will soon find out. I really like the look of several beams across the back, and they are so cheap its worth a shot.
    2013 Outback V

I ordered 4 of the spots to use on my tower since the boat did not come with docking lights. Great winter project and will have to wait to see how they work out in a month or two. All the water around here is still frozen......

Ordered some of the smaller single LED's for in the boat. They fit awesome in the hole in the bottom of the cup holders.

Here are a couple of pic's of the install as it sits today.