Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Krypt 6.5" (Knock offs)

Ok, I know all about Ken, I have read all the threads and info on his business tactics. All I want to know is if anybody has purchased the Krypt/BulletLines 6.5" HLCD speakers? If so, how do they sound? I was looking yesterday and saw that you can pick them up for $250 a pair so 4 speakers would cost $500 vs $450 for 1 pair of bullet hollow points. I know that the hollow points have a better name than the Krypts but if they are exact copies shouldn't they sound exactly the same? Please please I do not want to hear about Ken and BulletLines. I just want to know if anybody has these, if so do they sound good, and are they worth the savings? Thanks!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Where did you find them at that price?

The Krypts? Go to the BulletLines web site. Go to the 6.5" HLCD speakers, just speakers no cans. When you check out enter the coupon code 6.5 HLCD and it changes the price to $250. I think it knocks off like $125...
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

stretch,

While its a knock-off its not the same. The tweeter is different and so the crossover function will be different also. Other than that I can only say that you'll be on your own for replacement parts since there is a severed factory relationship with Krypt.

Why not go with the well-respected product? You can get a discount coupon on the HollowPoint also and know you're getting the very best with the right tweeter and crossover network from the original engineering.

David
    Earmark Marine

I would love to get the hollow points! I actually emailed you today about them. Because I saw that you might honor the 40% off discount. I would love to pick up 4 of them for $600 or so. In my email I also asked you if a Fosgate P500-2 which will run 250w x 2 @2ohms RMS would be enough to power them. Thats 125w per speaker RMS. I am on a budget if you couldn't tell LOL!
    Last edited by stretch55; 02-15-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Stretch, I drove 3hrs to see David from Earmark Marine in person to get his advice on my 08 Moomba XLV. I picked up 4 Bullet HP 770's with the 40% off. I also got two JL Audio G1300 amps to power them. I would trust anything that David says about the products he carries and he will back them. David will also do whatever he can to keep his prices competitive and/or better than non-authorized dealers. Give him a call and he'll talk you through any decisions and will make your head spin with knowledge. I was very impressed with Earmark and David gave me a tour of the entire shop to show me how they will design, build, and maitain my stereo system when I bring my boat to him in the next month or two. I frankly think it's pretty awsome that there is enough market for Earmark to have a boat only store/shop. They had 3 boats inside getting some sweet systems and lighting when I was there.

A.J.

personally haven't heard the krypt, but I know that they do have several satisfied customers over on wakeworld. switching from the factory to either speaker would be a huge upgrade imo. betting if you heard them side by side, the bullets will sound better, but compare the krypts with your factory and the upgrade will still be very nice. my guess is that you will enjoy the krypts if you install them and have no issues with them. the real question is if you do buy them and one is defective, there's not much for service..

good luck in whatever decision you make and fwiw, I went with 2 pairs of the bullet 6.5's in the factory cans and won't ever look back. the sound is fantastic
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I got the Krypts. The sound really good. Much much much better then my Polks.

I bought the krypt 8's when they were on sale at the end of the year but I didnt get a chance to really listen to them. only hooked them up to make sure they worked.

Thanks for all your thoughts and input. I think that I am just going to go with the reall deal and the Hollow Poits.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD