Default 2005 XLV Ballast

Can anybody tell me the exact size of the 2005 Moomba XLV 3 bag ballast system. I think that it is 2 250lb bags in the back and either a 600lb or 700lb bag in the front. Can anybody confirm or tell me the exact size? Thanks it is greatly apprciated.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Mine was 565lb bags on each side before getting the 750lb sacs

There are two different 3-bag systems for the XLV. The smaller one is the Gravity III and the larger one is the Gravity Games.

I have seen the Gravity III sited as 250 or 275 each side in the rear, and 600 or 650 in the center. So, that's 1100-1200 lbs total.

The only numbers that I saw quoted for years for the GG was 500 per side in rear and 1000 in center. That's 2000 lbs total. More recent numbers that I have seen for the center have been 1100 or so.

I haven't heard of the bags actually being updated, so my guess is that the bags haven't changed size, but there is some leeway depending on water pressure and overflow regulation. Either way, it sounds like you have the Gravity III judging by the 600lb front weight that mentioned.

If you plan to upgrade, Fly High bags are easy drop-in replacements. I put 750's in the rear and 1000 in the center. If I get around to it, I might add one of the original 250's to the front, underneath a bow cushion.

Ian, my new center is the 1,100lb sac that came with the GGIII system.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Ian, my new center is the 1,100lb sac that came with the GGIII system.
    I think that the Gravity III got upgraded in the last couple of years. For the OP's question about the 2005 XLV (same as mine), the Gravity III was smaller. The "Gravity Games" center one that I got is definitely bigger than the original Gravity III. Frankly, I'd like to stack them up in there! There is some room left, but one bag would squish the water out of the other.