Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default a few ballast questions before i buy

ok i've already decided to upgrade to the 750lb bag. my questions... has anyone ran just one on the left side for surfing and if so does that mess up your wake if u wanna run both sides for wakeboarding? and also tsunami pump you guys talk about is it necessary to have or is it just a bonus to help the bags fill quicker? i don't mind if it takes a little longer to fill them cause i can do that while we get to our spot on the lake. i plan on getting new fittings for them too anyone know off hand what ones i'll need for an lsv?

It would definitely mess up your wake if you had a full 750 on one side and a 400 on the other. But the bags should fill at roughly the same rate, so you could just stop filling the 750 once the 400 is full.

One issue with that approach is if you want to go from surfing with a full 750 to wakeboarding with only 400 in the 750 bag. I guess over time you'd get a feel for what 400 lbs looks like, and you could always adjust based on how the wake looks, so maybe not a big deal.

The other issue is if you have any surfers that ride goofy. Draining/swapping/filling that 750 will get old fast. But having 2 750s only solves the swapping part of that equation.

I ride goofy so I went with 2 750s, and plan to dedicate 1 fill pump per bag to help with the fill times.

It is pretty easy to swap out the fittings, I just heated em up with a blow dryer and twisted them off.

go to wakemakers.com and they have all the info/products you need. spencer is a good dude ...

I have the 750 on one and the 400 on the other, and for wakeboarding, it's a pita. they don't really fill at the same rate all the time and the 400 is shaped differently, so you do get wash on one side or the other. takes a lot of fiddling to get them even. I am going to swap out to 750's on both for that reason..
    in my boat, also gives me more dedicated storage as the 400's run up under the seats where the 750's don't. no longer have to remember to move stuff out when filling the 400..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

i got all my fittings from wakeside.com - i think it was around $20 plus shipping to get all the fittings needed to upgrade to 750's.

i also would not put a 750 in one side and a 400 in the other. it will throw the balance way off. i also think it is too hard to "eyeball" 400 lbs worth in the 750 sac. keep your 400's rolled up in one of the compartments & do a quick swap out if necessary - quick connects are easy to deal with.

tsunami pump is not a necessity. it does take about 10-15 minutes for the 750's to fill - crack a beer, relax, or make sure all you gear is working. i also use that time to stretch out and warm up my muscles, as my body hurts bad the next day if i don't.

just thinking... if one were to fill the 400lb bag full and then fill the 750lb bag till the boat was sitting level would they not be about even?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

probably could, but kind of hard to eyeball. easier to spend the $150 and get matching bags.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

Daze, you also have the issue of people in the boat. One way or another you'll be playing with the wake shape off and on all day. It's just part of the game. I went with 750's on each side and picked up another bag to move from side to side when surfing. How much water is placed in what bag is based off how many people are in the boat.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

Like i said--just thinking.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart