Thread: magazines?

Default magazines?

what is the best magazine based on info for the boats and equipment and tricks? mainly into wake boarding and getting into wake surf.

I think that you only have a few mainstream publications. Wakeboarding used to be be a decent magazine (about 5 yrs ago). Now, I think it is only an advertising space with pretty pictures (especially the Reef girl) and no real articles of substance.

As with most popular magazines, the makers of boats, equipment, etc pay to have their products in the magazine or have articles written about them. This tends to skew all reviews as positive with no "bashing" of anything.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

check out alliance.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

the only 2 I know of are alliance and wakeboarding. both appear to be based on nothing more than glossy pics of pros doing tricks that most of us won't ever do and advertising. the actual content of both has been steadily getting weaker and very biased toward those that pay for advertising..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This months SI, oh wait you said wakeboarding.
    2007 Mobius LSV

i have subsricptions to both wakeboarding and alliance. they pretty much have the same stuff. the boat & gear editions are duplications of one another. good pics & some good articles from time to time. alliance has a girl of the month which is a bonus.

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

I get wakeboarding in the mail each month. I like it. Don't have anything to base it off of, but I like to read up on what's going on the in wakeboard world. Not a lot on how to do tricks and what not.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.

i need to check out the wakesurfing mag. im starting to like surfing more (hurts a lot less when you fall)
    You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.--Davy Crockett