Default Waterproofing covers

So I have a 07 Outback v that until this last summer was always kept indoors at all times. last year I got a killer deal on a lift and left the boat up at the cabin all summer No canopy on the lift

I have the snap style covers cockpit and bow. I had peices made to resolve the water running down the windsheild, then under the bow cover. I hate water getting inside the boat whenever it doesn't have to

Over the summer after rains I would check it out and the cockpit cover seems to repel the water great, but the bow section seems to soak up/ let the water through. After a few harder rains I had a 2" puddle in the bow of my boat.

have any of you guys had problems with the factory moomba cover also? and how did you resolve the issue of water repelency. I have thought about something like Camp dry???

Does anyone recommend any product that works good for this?
    2007 Outback V

It may not be the best product for our boat covers, but I would try the Gore-Tex wash-in water proofing made by McNett called Revivex. Check out www.mcnett.com. We live in the colorado mountains and spend every day snowboarding, skiing or snowmobiling. We use this stuff all the time for our Snow stuff and it lasts a few seasons. The weather is definately more tough on the boat covers during the summer, but I am a believer in this product.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I stick a hippity hop up there. Nice round corners and the water runs right off.
    You can aslo buy Camp Dry its a waterproofer for that type of thing.

PWI as usual...

thanks for the quick replys guys

Moombahighrider-I have used that stuff on my Klim snowmobile gear it works great on goretex I may try that first

or possibly a combo of both campdry / revivex
    2007 Outback V

If your cover is made from Sunbrella then they recommend a 303 product, can't remember the name of it but you can find it on their site.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yea its supposed to be sunbrella But the way its soaking up water is seems alot like the performance of canvas

Im gonna check it out thanks razz
    2007 Outback V

303 High Tech Fabric Guard is what sunbrella recommends for their products just clean the covers and then apply two coats of the 303

Thanks again Razzman that was exactly what I was looking for!!!
    2007 Outback V