Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barefoot Boom

Quote Originally Posted by MNKid View Post
    Hey Deerfield,

We just purchased a 2007 Outback and BFI recommended the same setup. Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

How is the side spray?
    When you have it installed how far does it sit past the windshield (I will need to find and install an after market tower, any tower recommendations)?
    Lastly have you tried mounting it on the driver’s side? How far forward do you have to have the driver’s seat, enough room to get in and out of the seat?

Thanks,
    MNKid - I will know in about a week, so keep an eye on the forum. My boat is at the house at the moment. Hope to have it on the late this coming weekend. Will take pics of the installed boom and chine spray. Welcome to the Moomba family. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I went ahead and made the purchase. I ordered it from Barefoot Central late Tuesday and it arived today(Thursday). We set it up and it looks like it should work great, we will git-r on the water this weekend. We installed it out the drivers side. The seat is all the way forward but you still have just enough room to get in and out.

Deerfield, have you had yours on the boat yet? Does it fit between your rear tower leg and windshield? I am shopping for an aftermarket tower and would like to mount it in the same position as where the factory tower is mounted.

Thanks,

I went ahead and made the purchase. I ordered it from Barefoot Central late Tuesday and it arived today(Thursday). We set it up and it looks like it should work great, we will git-r on the water this weekend. We installed it out the drivers side. The seat is all the way forward but you still have just enough room to get in and out.

Deerfield, have you had yours on the boat yet? Does it fit between your rear tower leg and windshield? I am shopping for an aftermarket tower and would like to mount it in the same position as where the factory tower is mounted.

Thanks,
    MNKid - No. The boat is still at the house in the driveway. Weather has been awful. Rain and cold. So, I have not bothered with putting the boom on the boat. Like you, I will install the boom on the driver side. I will post a pic so you can see how it fits around the tower base. Am very pleased that you got the boom! - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I have a boom on my boat and actually went barefooting. I have a contoured boom and it fits behind the tower legs. I added a clip to the support wire to give it a little extra room. With a full boat (3 adults and 2 kids), the 325hp is just barely up to snuff. It needs more power to be a good barefoot boat. There was no noticable spray but that was just off of the boom and shortline.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

Max is right, our boats are just a bit slow to be good barefoot boats. Not to say you can't do it, but for anybody over 170 -180 it's just a touch slow. Lucky for me, between my buddies there are 3 MC barefoot boats and 1 Sanger so if the mood so strikes me I'm covered

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    I have a boom on my boat and actually went barefooting. I have a contoured boom and it fits behind the tower legs. I added a clip to the support wire to give it a little extra room. With a full boat (3 adults and 2 kids), the 325hp is just barely up to snuff. It needs more power to be a good barefoot boat. There was no noticable spray but that was just off of the boom and shortline.
    Hold on. Last time I footed (ages ago) speed was 34. My Outback tops out at 45. Do you have the issue hanging from the boom or just when doing a long line deep water start? You saying the boat can't get up to speed or is just slow getting to speed with a full load? Help me out here.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Sled491 Guest

You could foot at slower speeds but the spray would be crazy. I've never gone below 40 and most guys I know are running 46 - 48 mph

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post

With the boom behind the tower leg, hows the angle of tthe boom? Doesn't it angle to the back of the boat?

45mph will be plenty for out needs.
    Rule of thumb is weight/10 plus 20.
    190/10=19, plus 20 is 39mph. then maybe faster for more advance tricks and you should be able to go a touch slower off the boom shortline vs. long line.
    My 11 year old likes 29mph and the 15 year old is 38mph.

Wink

Rule of thumb is weight/10 plus 20.
    Okay, then I'm at 37/38 MPH. Can't imagine (or want to think about) a face plant at Sled's 46 - 48. That would be just nasty.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Sled491 Guest

Hey it hurts, but that's how we learned