Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barefoot Boom

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barefooterh2o View Post
    I think the only way you can mount the boom on the driver's side is having the seat all the way forward. The seat, on the Outback, goes behind the front of the motor box making it difficult to put a curved or straight boom on that side. The only other option is to buy one that mounts to tower, if you want it on the driver's side. Otherwise the passengers have to step over the boom.

Hope this helps.
    Oh deerfield that may be a problem for you with your height.

As for faking the faceplant not hurting, well I'll do my best. Of course laughter is the best cure for that, and I'm sure the boys will have no problem laughing at my demise

Update: I am buying a Barefoot International Model B202 Universal Contour Boom and Model B110 Boom Extension. A guy by the name of Mike Seipel from Barefoot International called my house today. With him on the phone, he had me measure the distance from tow pylon center point to base of Rad-A-Cage tower rear mounts. He said this model will fit and work from both the driver and passenger sides without modification. Also, just as barefooterh2o said, the extension will keep people clear of the chine spray. Guy was helpful. Gave me tips about the setup. He said to call him back on his cell phone and he would walk me through the install. Price is $469 for boom and $69 for extension. No sales tax. No shipping cost. Will take pics of the install and someone enjoying a ride behind the boom. Look for Sled's smilin' face this spring! I appreciate all the advice. Thanks, guys. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Man the pressure is on now

Congrats, sounds like another good addition to the Ole Outback.

Lookin forward to it though, should be a lot of fun...when I'm not face planting!

Now if only Mother Nature will cooperate and provide a nice, early, warm spring Look forward to pics!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Maybe not behind Deerfields boat, but I think late March early April with a dry suit.,

Smile

Brought home the new Barefoot International boom. In addition, I bought an extension (to get people beyond reach of the chine spray) and barefoot handle (for more comfortable grip). The dealer gave me pointers on installation and use of the boom. After taking these pictures I put her away in the garage. Season starts in April, if I am lucky. My sons are interested in learning how to barefoot. In addition, we sometimes have guests on the boat who want to succeed but just can't get up long line on skis or wakeboard. Boom is the answer. This is a GREAT addition to the toys. Watch for pictures this summer!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

i think i'm gonna get this next year ... i have alot of youngsters in the familes that i wanna get into water sports and i guess this is best way for success. i'm interested in seeing pics and the hearing about the ease of install on this. its not something i'm gonna want on my boat all the time so can you take it down and put it up easily?

Gus,

The only part that it really intended to stay on the boat is the bracket that mounts to the pylon. The rest of it is all removeable. The boom is easiest to mount with 2 people but managable with 1. Not because of weight, just the size. Takes me just a few minutes. Easiest by the dock to set-up. If you do mount in the middle of the lake-Make sure you do NOT drop it in the lake, will sink obviously.

Also in my recent edition of the Overton's catalog, they are offering 10% off orders over $100. You still have to pay for shipping though. This offer was valid until 5/31/10.

Anyone in Wausau, WI ordering from them, can split the shipping then.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield, lets get this moving

I was crossing the ice yesterday to the island and went through. Went back today to do some work and came straight home to get my little dock boat ready, open water is just days away!

Default Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Update: I am buying a Barefoot International Model B202 Universal Contour Boom and Model B110 Boom Extension. A guy by the name of Mike Seipel from Barefoot International called my house today. With him on the phone, he had me measure the distance from tow pylon center point to base of Rad-A-Cage tower rear mounts. He said this model will fit and work from both the driver and passenger sides without modification. Also, just as barefooterh2o said, the extension will keep people clear of the chine spray. Guy was helpful. Gave me tips about the setup. He said to call him back on his cell phone and he would walk me through the install. Price is $469 for boom and $69 for extension. No sales tax. No shipping cost. Will take pics of the install and someone enjoying a ride behind the boom. Look for Sled's smilin' face this spring! I appreciate all the advice. Thanks, guys. - Deerfield
    Hey Deerfield,

We just purchased a 2007 Outback and BFI recommended the same setup. Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

How is the side spray?
    When you have it installed how far does it sit past the windshield (I will need to find and install an after market tower, any tower recommendations)?
    Lastly have you tried mounting it on the driver’s side? How far forward do you have to have the driver’s seat, enough room to get in and out of the seat?

Thanks,