Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barefoot Boom

It works great!

I love being able to have the boom out the drivers side, easy to see and to comunicate with the skier. I will have to take some better pic's. I have it angled forward and there are not any issues with side spray, but my seat is all the way forward. I think I will try moving the boom back some, I don't think there will be any issues. This was our first time out with the boat and my first time driving a direct drive with a boom. We were only out a couple hours, but I was able to get it figured out pretty quickly. The only other direct drives I have ever pulled a skier with were a couple different MC's. I am verry impressed with the Moomba.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MNKid View Post
    It works great!

I love being able to have the boom out the drivers side, easy to see and to comunicate with the skier. I will have to take some better pic's. I have it angled forward and there are not any issues with side spray, but my seat is all the way forward. I think I will try moving the boom back some, I don't think there will be any issues. This was our first time out with the boat and my first time driving a direct drive with a boom. We were only out a couple hours, but I was able to get it figured out pretty quickly. The only other direct drives I have ever pulled a skier with were a couple different MC's. I am verry impressed with the Moomba.
    That is so cool! Man, I'm looking forward to the lake and our new boom.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

switching from a dd to a v drive my old boom won't work so i just recieved my new tower boom......I will do a comparison on ease of use and on mounting and changing positions after i get it up and going.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Doc - If you were to drop a plumb line from the end of your barefoot boom, what do you estimate to be the height off the water? - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I guess in that shot it was prob about 4'6" off the water, I'm about 5'9
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Wow. I thought it was like seven feet. Guess looks can be deceptive and I'm glad I asked. One thing for sure. You look like a pro in that picture!
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield, looks good, did you run the cables up and set those up as well? Sure looks like it fits well behind the tower.

Finaly put my boat in today, was going to ski, but just too windy all day, and to be honest it wasn't all that warm

Hey Doc I hope you're a dentist, that would be some great advertising for your office. Teeth so strong you can bare foot with them

Reese350 Guest

Deerfield: Your setup looks great. I would like to get the same for my 2007 Outback. Would you mind sending me the model #, etc. of everything you had to buy? My 8 year old is hell bent on learning to barefoot this summer so I might as well get equipped. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    Deerfield: Your setup looks great. I would like to get the same for my 2007 Outback. Would you mind sending me the model #, etc. of everything you had to buy? My 8 year old is hell bent on learning to barefoot this summer so I might as well get equipped. Thanks!
    Reese - Sure. I will check Tuesday with the marina and let you know. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    Would you mind sending me the model #, etc. of everything you had to buy?
    Reese - Here you go.

Part #B202 - Deluxe Universal Contour Barefoot Boom
    Part #B110 - Extension

Ordered mine through Blair at Ultimate Wake Water Sports in Volo, Illinois. In case you want to see what he can do for you, the main number to the store is 815-385-2720. Receptionist's name is Marge. He can ship to your location. His store hosted the Chicago area Skiers Choice jamboree for the past three years.

Hope this helps and your kid is soon skimmin' on his little feet with a mile wide grin! - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart