Default Audio Setup help

I have a 2009 Moomba xlv, and I just bought a new 12"kicker l7 and a pair of wetsound pro-80s. I also have a dual battery. Should I get a SYN 4 or a SYN 6 amp to run this setup?
    Also, is it worth it to buy an equalizer in order to tune each component separately?

P.S. Im new to the audio scene and really appreciate the help!

Welcome to the forum Johnny.

As for the EQ yes its best to have some way to control the tower. A lot of reputable stereo shops wont even install a large tower setup with out a volume control anymore.

As for the SYNC amps i have read dozens of setups with them but i just dont know them personally to well. Give it a couple hours and more peeps will be on and can answer your amp questions.

Welcome to the forum and post some pics of your new baby.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I've heard good things about the syn amps but im not familier with the specs on them. Im running an L7 and they LOVE power. I have 900 rms going to mine in a small sealed encloser and it pounds.
    06 Outback V

Johnny,

Certainly two channels of the SYN4 will run the sub bridged. But the other two channels will only produce 125 per channel to one pair of Pro80s.

The SYN6 will be enough power to run everything, ie: one pair tower speakers and one subwoofer.

Also consider dual SYN2s. Here's why. At 700 watts bridged its the best bang for the buck in the line as a sub amp. A SYN2 will give you the ability to add a second pair of tower speakers if you ever feel the need. Nothing will be under-powered or obsolete. Plus, the SYN2s are more efficient than a SYN6.

David
    Earmark Marine

I highly recommend the Wetsounds WS420 EQ. Today was my first day on the lake with my new system that Earmark Marine installed and the EQ is awsome. Makes tuning each zone (tower, cabin, or woofer) so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Johnny,

Certainly two channels of the SYN4 will run the sub bridged. But the other two channels will only produce 125 per channel to one pair of Pro80s.

The SYN6 will be enough power to run everything, ie: one pair tower speakers and one subwoofer.

Also consider dual SYN2s. Here's why. At 700 watts bridged its the best bang for the buck in the line as a sub amp. A SYN2 will give you the ability to add a second pair of tower speakers if you ever feel the need. Nothing will be under-powered or obsolete. Plus, the SYN2s are more efficient than a SYN6.

David
    Earmark Marine
    There's your answer. Not much more for the SYN2's vs the SYN6 plus the added room to expand (and you know you will) and easier on the batteries/charging system.

Yeah I cant see running only 400 watts to that sub. Its rated at 750 and really that would be the minimum id run to it. I also dont like the idea of bridging amps to run a sub. IMO your better off running a good sub amp and two other amps for your tower/interior speakers.
    06 Outback V