Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default rear radio remote

Does anyone on here have pics of where their rear remote for the radio is?? I am going to insall one on my outback and not sure where to put it yet. Also what would the best way to cut it out without damaging anything??

Thanks

if you get the kenwood units, you only need to drill 3 holes, one for wiring and 2 for the mounting rods that go thru the hull, that's if you want to surface mount it. flush would require much more cutting than i would be prepared to do, and it's permanent. if you switch to a different brand in the future, might not fit and now you're stuck with a huge hole..

where to mount it is all personal preference.
    here's a not so great shot of the one on the back of mine...

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thread hijack. Sandm how do you like that remote? How does it work with an ipod? Can you search playlists, artist etc with it?
    Hijack over.
    As you were.

PWI as usual...

Thanks,

This is the one I am going with. It requires a 3" hole to be installed.

Here's how i did mine. I didn't want it down on the vertical face of the transom as i wasn't worried about accessing from the water, but be able to easily reach it when sitting on the sun pad.

Picture 1 shows it from a front/side view, notice i had to make a spacing block from plastic cutting board. I contoured the bottom of the block to match the hull curve. I did this so it had a flat surface to sit on and would completely seal. Pic 2 shows it from the side where you can see the contour. Sorry for the slight blur and brightness!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Thread hijack. Sandm how do you like that remote? How does it work with an ipod? Can you search playlists, artist etc with it?
    Hijack over.
    As you were.
    I'll post some pics in the stereo thread I installed of the deck and a quick review of it.. did it a while ago, but it was one of the weekends the site crashed and it deleted what I did post..

ok...
    back on topic.

I'd have a real hard time cutting a 3" hole in the boat for a remote. that's permanent and really limits your options in the future. no chance for a surface mount?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Razz, Nice install! That looks really clean. I really like the spacer.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Razz, Nice install! That looks really clean. I really like the spacer.
    Thanks! Let me tell ya that was a pain in the rear to make!
    2007 Mobius LSV

here is mine. i put it above the rub rail to make sure it did not get too wet
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5802&page=2
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Here a pic of the back of mine right now. With the way its curved in the rear I am kinda limited to space. I think it would be a tight fit between the tow hooks and rub rail, so I was thinking about putting it in the sale location as the gas cap just on the opposite side. I was also looking at the space right about the black vent and grab handle. I want it in a spot that is easy to get to no matter where I am at. I am not really worried about the hole itself, just dont want it in a bad spot. I am very close to just taking it to someone who can install it and letting them do it. I was also under the impression that if you have the newer Clarion radios that you have to use their remote with it.

Thanks for the pics !! Keep them coming.