Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you are looking for deep water, go north about an hour to Lauderdale Lakes.
    you mean to drive there right? i don't think your getting your inboard boat from barrington to lauderdale lakes. maybe a canoe though.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

wow, I get nervous below 20ft. the lake I ride on most in the summer is well north of 200ft in most areas, one arm is 80-120ft deep..

the spring lake is 25-30ft and I hate going there for that reason, but it's 10deg warmer in the spring.. worth the worrying
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The best warm water boating around here in May/June is the Potholes which are sand dunes that are flooded with about six feet of water and dry back up in July. The water temperature is in mid-80s with a hundred sand islands to beach on.

If you're in a new area it helps to scout the area out at a slow speed and track with a GPS so you can then do your sking or boarding and not worry about as long as you stay in your tracks.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bcoutsfly View Post
    No I didin't make that event, I'm not a fan of Ultimate Wake/Chicago Sea Ray for undisclosed reasons.

Is Lauderdale part of the chain? Is that your home lake?

And I didn't know there was another Supra/Moomba dealer local. That's great news, I thought I was up the creek with Supra/Moomba dealers.

Bcoutsfly - Lauderdale Lakes is not part nor anywhere in the vicinity of the chain. Its name is a bit of a misnomer. Lauderdale Lakes in fact is a single lake with a shoreline that makes it seem like three connected lakes. The thing (I think) is spring fed and mucho deep at the north end. It was my home lake for one year. The next two summers we leased a slip a half hour south at a place called Twin Lakes, just over the state line into Wisconsin and closer to our house. Right now the boat is stored in my garage. This coming summer we will be trailering to each outing. And, yes, there is a second Skiers Choice dealer in this area. In addition to Ultimate Wake, there is Lauderdale Lakes Marina. The general manager is Jesse. Shop manager is Marty. Has a toy store and nice size show room. Sorry that things did not go well with Ultimate Wake. But the good news is that Lauderdale Lakes Marina is an easy drive from your house and offers a strong alternative. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Red face

here is some good info on creating the perfect wake:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip029.asp

if you look at the step 3 picture, you'll see a dark blue trough behind the boat. if this trough hits the bottom of the lake, your wake will not develop properly. in essence, if you weigh your boat down more and more, the trough will go deeper and deeper hitting the bottom of the lake and causing your wake to actually worsen.

in my experience, i need at least 10-12 feet of water to get the best wake my boat (08 lsv with about 2400lbs of ballast) can kick out.

about the best you can really do in a shallow lake is to spend a day playing around and finding the optimal weight combined with wake plate adjustments, speed, and rope lengths. unfortunately it is not an exact science. other than that, find a deeper place to ride.

good luck!