Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lets see the 2010 Moomba swivel racks

Anyone have some pictures of these puppies?
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Hopefully mine should be here in a couple/few days. I ordered them last Friday.

Reese350 Guest

If you guys end up swapping out, I may be interested in picking up your stock Moomba racks. The 2007 Outback I picked up only has a rack on the port side.

I'm sure I'll have my stock racks just laying around after the swivels come in. They actually have to be drilled into the say crossbar the stock racks go so there's no place to secure the stock racks anyways.

I may be interested in one of those stock racks too. I'm minus one on this 07LSV I just picked up. How much are the new swivel ones? Reese, do you know how much a new non-swivel is?

thanks
    Last edited by ausbill32; 02-04-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Reese350 Guest

YoudaMan: I have the outback so we would just need to make sure they are the same size but I suspect they are. Shoot me a PM with a pic and the height of the bracket where it goes around the crossbar.

Bill: The racks are pretty salty if you buy them directly from SC but they show up on EBAY pretty regularly for about $100 each. I noticed you are in Houston. I found these Roswell Swivels in Austin for what seems like a reasonable price if you really want the swivels. Might be worth checking out since you are within driving distance.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1561587046.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    YoudaMan: I have the outback so we would just need to make sure they are the same size but I suspect they are. Shoot me a PM with a pic and the height of the bracket where it goes around the crossbar.

Bill: The racks are pretty salty if you buy them directly from SC but they show up on EBAY pretty regularly for about $100 each. I noticed you are in Houston. I found these Roswell Swivels in Austin for what seems like a reasonable price if you really want the swivels. Might be worth checking out since you are within driving distance.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1561587046.html
    Those Roswells won't fit, they are for a much smaller diameter tower.

Also, if you can post a pic of the tynes. I'm hoping they are wide enough to hold a surf board as well. I have a Ronix board FYI.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Just so you guys know, there are few rack makers that make racks to fit the moomba stock locations due to the oval bar they attach to. Almost everyone make one to fit the 2 3/8" tower bars though.

I replaced my stocks rack as soon as i bought the boat because i need to remove them and fold down the tower to store the boat. Only Airboom made a quick removeable rack (ARTP) with a clamp that fit the oval bar. They now make a swivel rack in the same config and it's called the ART360SW and it retails for $389 each. Go to their website below and you can see the swivel rack, the clamp is shown in the ARTP picture. The quailty of their product seems good and they've help up well so far after two seasons. I can't speak for their swivel as it wasn't available when i got mine.

Airboom
    2007 Mobius LSV

The little brown truck just showed up at the office with my racks. Looks like "some assembly required". 10 piceces total with all hardware accounted for but no instructions. Should be straight forward. They are made by Roswell. Gonna need a rather large drill bit for the tower.